Poodle Forum banner

Doesn't this sound odd?

2696 19
So I've been looking at getting a mini poodle brother for Ponki for many months now. And I've ran into some very interesting breeders and I've learned a lot.
But today I came accross a breeder who has a contract that seems all good and well... it has the basic stuff like the puppy will be returned to the breeder/it needs to be taken to the vet within 4 days of purchase etc. etc.
But then I get to the end of the contract and it states that if the purchaser does not comply with the contract they agree to pay the breeder $1500....

7.If above conditions are not met the purchaser will pay $1500.00 to
Does this seem odd to anyone... or is it just me?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
546 Posts
sounds like

A - they dont want you to mess up
B - they want to ensure you are serious about it (or pay the price, literally)
or
C - they are trying to make a buck
or
D - all of the above

Everyone has the right to strike or amend provisions within a contract and negotiate from there. If you feel that this is the "right" breeder for you and they have what you are looking for, then do not be deterred by all the legal jargon. Alot of people just put these clauses in there to protect themselves and their business. Often times, it doesn't mean a thing...

I don't think it has anything to do with how well you groom your pup, etc.. unless there is something about that in the contract. It is usually there to cover the bigger details ie/you will seek immediate medical attention for your pup if he becomes ill, etc..

· Registered
546 Posts
I'm not upset at all wishpoo...:) I was just asking for opinions and stating my own. (I very rarely get upset... not worth it - especially not because of someone's opinion on a forum ;) LOL)
haha Ponki... unfortunately tempers can sometimes flare on forums, as some of us have come to discover. many members these days censor themselves or are worried about what they are saying for fear of being crucified! so I value your comments about that here :)

y'know, in today's lawsuit/sue-happy society, contracts have alot of mumbo-jumbo that is just meant to safeguard each party... *just in case*.

while the breeder may decide the consumer is responsible/caring and the consumer may decide the same of the breeder... you never can be 100% sure of people these days. sad, but true...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.