Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 79 degrees today here in Washington State. I really wanted to walk with Sisko today, but Sisko has never liked the heat, and I do not know if it is a good idea to take him for walks when it's warm like this. His coat is short. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Haha. 79 is nice! Tell him he's lucky he doesn't live in the south. I try to save any significant activity for the cooler hours later in the day. But definitely still walk him. You can always spray him down with some water to keep him cooler during the walk.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha. 79 is nice! Tell him he's lucky he doesn't live in the south. I try to save any significant activity for the cooler hours later in the day. But definitely still walk him. You can always spray him down with some water to keep him cooler during the walk.
It is😂! It felt so good, but now it's cooled off. I will tell him that. Okay, thanks! I have a spray bottle I can use, and there is a cool dog water bottle that I can buy for him.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Please don't do that if the sun is shining! Water on a dog's back can heat to boiling pretty quickly in sunlight. Much better is to wet the dog's belly and underside.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When it gets above 20C-21C (70F), I walk early in the morning (well, not that early, around 10) or late in the evening, like 7-8 pm. Also make sure the pavement isn’t too hot for your own feet to walk on. If it is, then it’s too hot for your dog too.
Okay, thank you! I had checked it earlier and it was warm, but not hot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts