Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see for fun how many look-a-likes we have here LOL! I wish I had more to choose from but my computer crashed on me and I did not have my pics backed up and lost 2 whole years of pics, well over 3000 grrrrrrr. Hope we can have fun with this!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Belle's coloring, was she darker when she was younger? Tynk is 18 mo now and when I got her she was really apricot, now she is cream. I can handle her getting lighter but hope it will not get much lighter. Pixie is a cutie...my condulances.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Scuse the messy hair, Im growing coat on some and its been raining everyday here so they look a mess. But here are some of mine. I swear they are hitting the whacky tabacky :pound:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Scuse the messy hair, Im growing coat on some and its been raining everyday here so they look a mess. But here are some of mine. I swear they are hitting the whacky tabacky :pound:

i can't help but laugh at the one on the far left is that a dog or a mop? :pound: :pound:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Wacky Tabacky!! SO that explains the hair!!!! LMAO thats great!!!!! Someday I will have my poodle plantation!!!!!!!! (with a max of 4 adults and whatever babies here may be at any given time lol) I want to keep it small so that if anything should come up that is an emergency I do not have to worry as much as well as the cost of all the testing ect. But I can not wait!!!!!!!!!! :whoo:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
These 4 do this everytime I leave the loungeroom. They just go ontop of the lounge and wait for me to come in. I sat down at my computer and they were still there so having the cam alongside me, couldnt resist the shot. I just took this yesterday. The girl on the left, the second bitch who is fat, isnt really fat, she is due in 5 days to have pups. The mop on the left is her daughter from the last litter. The little tiny one on the far right is the mum to my little Chase. The other bitch, well thats just Summer haha

·
Registered
269 Posts
These 4 do this everytime I leave the loungeroom. They just go ontop of the lounge and wait for me to come in. I sat down at my computer and they were still there so having the cam alongside me, couldnt resist the shot. I just took this yesterday. The girl on the left, the second bitch who is fat, isnt really fat, she is due in 5 days to have pups. The mop on the left is her daughter from the last litter. The little tiny one on the far right is the mum to my little Chase. The other bitch, well thats just Summer haha
AWW!!! Cant wait to see the pics of the new pups!! :D!!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
She is doing well this time. Last litter she was a week early. The pups were healthy except the little brown boy that was born. He was too tiny, and I managed to keep him going for 3 weeks and the day he opened his eyes he died. I cried my heart out. The other 3 black girls were very healthy and fat.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
This was her last litter. You cant see how small he was in the first pic but the second pic he shows so much smaller

Im trying to find a better pic

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is going to be hard for me if it happens to me, and it probably will it is inevitable, but it will be hard. I both look forward and am scared to death of my first litter LOL! Is that normal? I can not wait to see pics of the new litter either.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This was her last litter. You cant see how small he was in the first pic but the second pic he shows so much smaller

Im trying to find a better pic
WOW, he is tiny. When that happens, do you try to prepare yourself for something devistating to happen?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
That is going to be hard for me if it happens to me, and it probably will it is inevitable, but it will be hard. I both look forward and am scared to death of my first litter LOL! Is that normal? I can not wait to see pics of the new litter either.
Unfortunately being a breeder you have to take the good with the bad. I have only ever lost pups a couple of times, mostly they all live and are healthy born. One litter was my imported bitch. She had 8 pups and was a small bitch. Within 4 days 5 pups died. I didnt sleep for 4 days trying to keep them alive but they faded. And then there was this little guy. I think I would prefer to lose them earlier on cause once they open their eyes it really makes it hard.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh my goodness now I want another poodle!!!!!! <33!!
It is pretty safe to say Trista, that poodles are alot like pringles, you can not have just one LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Once you really start to learn about the breed and truely appriciate it, there is NO stopping the desire to show/compete and breed!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
WOW, he is tiny. When that happens, do you try to prepare yourself for something devistating to happen?
I always felt there was something wrong but wasnt sure if he was just going to be a tiny guy forever. Mums usually push their pups away when something is wrong. But she didnt and kept accepting him. I just sort have knew cause he didnt have a good strong suckle to he was mostly bottle fed.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unfortunately being a breeder you have to take the good with the bad. I have only ever lost pups a couple of times, mostly they all live and are healthy born. One litter was my imported bitch. She had 8 pups and was a small bitch. Within 4 days 5 pups died. I didnt sleep for 4 days trying to keep them alive but they faded. And then there was this little guy. I think I would prefer to lose them earlier on cause once they open their eyes it really makes it hard.
A toy???? 8 pups????? WOW, I could see that. That is a HUGE litter for them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts