Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Awww, that face!

Miracle likes to sit in my lap and stare into my eyes while I pet her. Jasper will sometimes rest on his bed and stare at me. My very first dog in my life was always across the room watching anyone in the room, waiting for excitement to happen!

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Yep, as soon as I move, both of them will stare at me until I settle back with them. I’m home all day so I’ve unintentionally created monsters who won’t do anything without me.

If I go out of the house, they will stare at the door until I come back, even if there are people in the house. Sometimes they drive me nuts, but I love them both so much ! :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bobby definitely stares. That’s one of the traits I was quite taken by when we got him. Actually, the day we got him he just stared right at me. He walked right up to me and I picked him up. I gently held him then cradled him in my arm on his back and he just stared at me. It was definitely a bonding moment. ❤He connected with us immediately.
When we got home and set him down he sat there and stared at me like he was just waiting for me to tell him what to do.
He stares when he has to go outside too. I wish he would bark to let us know but nope, he just stares. He stares at me in the morning to wake me up. He stares when it’s time to eat. He gently lays his head on us and stares when he wants or needs something. If you don’t read his eyes then he starts licking ever so gently. He has amazing eye contact during training or when we are out and about unless of course, something better comes along! 😂

·
Super Moderator
7,229 Posts
Gracie was so cute! And that’s kind of what it feels like! I wonder if there’s some sort of psychological thing behind it.
There is! And it's heartwarming:

"Mutual gazing had a profound effect on both the dogs and their owners. Of the duos that had spent the greatest amount of time looking into each other’s eyes, both male and female dogs experienced a 130% rise in oxytocin levels, and both male and female owners a 300% increase. (Kikusui was one of them, participating in the experiment himself with his two standard poodles, Anita and Jasmine.) The scientists saw no oxytocin increase in the dogs and owners who had spent little time gazing at each other, or in any of the wolf-owner duos."

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
I love this sweet phrasing,

"Dr. Brian Hare, author of The Genius of Dogs and Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at Duke University says that your dog’s stare is “hugging you with his eyes.”

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is! And it's heartwarming:

"Mutual gazing had a profound effect on both the dogs and their owners. Of the duos that had spent the greatest amount of time looking into each other’s eyes, both male and female dogs experienced a 130% rise in oxytocin levels, and both male and female owners a 300% increase. (Kikusui was one of them, participating in the experiment himself with his two standard poodles, Anita and Jasmine.) The scientists saw no oxytocin increase in the dogs and owners who had spent little time gazing at each other, or in any of the wolf-owner duos."

I love this sweet phrasing,

"Dr. Brian Hare, author of The Genius of Dogs and Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at Duke University says that your dog’s stare is “hugging you with his eyes.”
😭 My heart! Dogs are just too sweet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts