Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I try to alternate between Misha sleeping in his pen and sleeping on the bed. I'm kinda torn because on one hand I love waking up with him snuggled up to me. But on the other hand I know I sleep better without him in bed because he likes to use my legs as a pillow and so I can't change position easily.

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,816 Posts
Nope. My last girl did until I got tired of waking up with just a sliver of bed for myself, at which point I gave her a bed on the floor next to me. But she still spent a lot of time in my bed. Peggy does, too, but she really likes her crate at night and we’ve decided not to upset her routine.

·
Premium Member
13,225 Posts
Poppy and Sophy sleep on or in the bed all night, Pippin-cat and Tilly-cat join us when they have nothing more interesting to do.

I remember many years ago sharing a room with my sister at my parents' house one Christmas. Her spoo, Chloe, was delighted to see two rather narrow single beds set up - one for her and one for her Mum, she thought. It took us quite some time to persuade her otherwise - she touched one bed "This one's for you..." then rested her chin on the other "...and this one's for me!", and was very disappointed when I insisted my need for a bed took priority over hers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pechey sleeps in her own bed, but I've recently started to let her up on the bed for morning cuddles or afternoon naps. The first time I let her up on the bed for a morning cuddle, that night she decided that the bed was where she belonged forever and hopped onto my pillow and curled into an impenetrable ball.

By now she has worked out that she must ask permission to be on the bed.
I am constantly amazed by what a snuggler she is! She loves to spoon.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,718 Posts
Poodles seem to be a 4th state of matter, a solid that will stretch to take the shape of their bed. I'll never understand how a bed big enough for four people is just barely big enough for one human and her spoo.

·
Super Moderator
3,982 Posts

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
No dogs in my bed because of my allergies. But I do take frequent naps on the sofa and both dogs will lie on top of me, or very tight against me. I’m also a very, very light sleeper so I don’t think I could have a dog in my bed even if I didn’t have allergies.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I wouldn’t know what to do without pets sleeping with us on the bed. DH has a rule no pets on his side during the night which leaves me pretty crowded. I look forward to the time when Theo is ready to join. Right now he’s in a crate in his pen while Babykins snuggles on the bed.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The original plan was to have Bobby not sleep in the bed with us and we started out with his bed next to ours. The next level was that he could come on the bed for some cuddle times during the day but with our permission. We gotta train well
here, right?Right.....The next step was to let him come up in the bed anytime as long as we gave him permission and yes, we definitely knew it was a lost cause by this time as deep down, we realized we liked having him sleeping in the bed with us at night. I still chuckle when I think of my husband and I having serious discussions of the pros and cons of Bobby sleeping in our bed. LOL!
So, yes, absolutely, Bobby sleeps in our bed no permission needed. 😉 Everyone knows the bedtime routine. No issues at all. We both love him sleeping with us. It’s very comforting having such a snuggly living “curly blankie dog” sleeping next to us.
Our 17 year old cat sleeps with us too. Bobby generally sleeps at the foot of the bed right next to our legs. He is Mr. Cuddles in the morning.
Our Winston kitty sandwiches himself between our pillows and pushes into my husband’s head. He and my husband are best buds. Wish I could change the kitty’s routine and position but that ain’t happening with a 17 year old cat set in his ways. There are many jokes about this but that’s another story. LOL!!! We do love our kitty.

·
Registered
229 Posts
All animals and children are allowed on my side of the bed, but not between my husband and me, and not on his side. Any animal or child who cannot be still will be removed posthaste back to their own sleeping space. I’m a pretty short person in a king bed, so my dogs and cat usually end up on the bottom my side.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts