Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mia definitely has a sense of humor and I swear she laughs. I don't know what science says about laughing dogs, but a friend of mine swears her PWD laughs also.

There are two things that make Mia laugh, AFAIK. The first is when she mistakes a fallen tree limb for a prey animal and rushes after it. I swear she comes back laughing at herself. The second is when we play hide and seek in the house. I start her off in a down stay in one room, then go hide somewhere else. Sometimes while she's searching, I sneak around and hide in the spot where she was in her down stay. She thinks it's hilarious every time!

As for my friend and her dog, there's a certain trail in our area that involves crossing a river on a fallen tree. Her dog laughs when he knocks her off the tree into the water. I have to admit, that would make me laugh, too! It would seem that dog humor is mostly slapstick, around the level of The Three Stooges.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does her laughing look and sound like?? I'm laughing just reading this. So cute.
She looks like she's chuckling! She has a broad, open smile, but she's breathing heavily - not as much as a guffaw, but at least as much as a chuckle. It's silent except for the breathiness of it.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Love this! Rory does it too. His favourite thing when we’re visiting my parents is to sneak a lick on my mum’s face when she’s not paying attention. When he gets her he gets the biggest grin and will do a similar laugh-like thing to anyone else in the room. ‘Did you see that? Got her!’

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love this! Rory does it too. His favourite thing when we’re visiting my parents is to sneak a lick on my mum’s face when she’s not paying attention. When he gets her he gets the biggest grin and will do a similar laugh-like thing to anyone else in the room. ‘Did you see that? Got her!’
Yes! That is exactly the kind of silliness that would get a dog laughing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts