Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Happy does not get along with DH. Both compete for my attention. Happy talks back to Paul frequently but never does it to me. For example, if Paul moves Happy from the sofa, he gets mad. If I move him from the sofa, he is very happy for a lift. For amusement, Paul does things to aggregate him. For example, Happy hates it if Paul kisses me on the forehead and he would start huffing and puffing when he does. It is a little bit comical how mad he gets. As a revenge, Happy loves to sleep between us in bed and his butt is always facing Paul. Sometimes half pint gets gas and the little man will let it rip. We would joke about how size doesn’t not equate to stink magnitude. So this feud has been going on forever.

Happy is a dog that loves kids and people. What he loves is to strut his stuff everywhere he goes to be admired by all. Everything is perfect until he doesn’t get his way. For example, for car rides, he does not ride in the backseat or he will throw a tantrum—which is usually 5 min of straight barking. If you don’t make Happy angry, he is a delightful cheerful little fellow who loves to cuddle. Sometimes I come home to Paul and happy having an argument and the little dude talks back like he understand every single word.

None of my other three dogs has a problem with Paul but Happy has spoken. They are frenemies. Do you have/ had a dog like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
My boyfriends bull terrier doesn’t like me when bf is around. When it’s just me and the dogs at home he is all over me and wanting me to love on him and laying on me and everything but as soon as bf walks in the door he runs to him and just glares at meIf we’re on the couch he will lay on his lap and glare at me and sigh over and over until I acknowledge that bf is giving him attention and not me
When he sleeps with us he steals my pillows and will literally drag the blanket off of me, lay on top of my boyfriend, and cover up with my half of the blanket
He’s not mean to me he just doesn’t like when bf gives me attention and not him
In the car, if bf is driving Jax has to ride on my lap or between my legs in the floor and put his head on the center console and look at him the whole time or he gets mad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My boyfriends bull terrier doesn’t like me when bf is around. When it’s just me and the dogs at home he is all over me and wanting me to love on him and laying on me and everything but as soon as bf walks in the door he runs to him and just glares at meIf we’re on the couch he will lay on his lap and glare at me and sigh over and over until I acknowledge that bf is giving him attention and not me
When he sleeps with us he steals my pillows and will literally drag the blanket off of me, lay on top of my boyfriend, and cover up with my half of the blanket
He’s not mean to me he just doesn’t like when bf gives me attention and not him
In the car, if bf is driving Jax has to ride on my lap or between my legs in the floor and put his head on the center console and look at him the whole time or he gets mad

Haha that sounds very familiar. Do you know why the dog prefers your bf? Do you get into arguments with the bull terrier too? I see Paul will have full conversations with Happy like he is a bad child. I suspect Happy knows exactly what is going on. Honestly though, the main reason why Happy prefers me is because I am a softy. I give in because I can’t stand the barking whereas Paul will not respond to his fits.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Haha that sounds very familiar. Do you get into arguments with the bull terrier too? I see Paul will have full conversations with Happy like he is a bad child. I suspect Happy knows exactly what is going on. Honestly though, the main reason why Happy prefers me is because I am a softy. I give in because I can’t stand the barking whereas Paul will not respond to his fits.

I baby both of the dogs, Jax will grunt and make these funny noises like he’s trying to talk all the time but I don’t argue with him lol
He just prefers bf over me and makes it very known to me

·
Super Moderator
3,130 Posts
BellaSpoo, OMG, taking your pillow, your part of the blanket to tuck in BF is just plain funny, along with all the other stuff. Thank goodness he can't read your texts and file a stay away order! Here's an internet meme of such a cute couple and another jealous dog:

·
Registered
34 Posts
BellaSpoo, OMG, taking your pillow, your part of the blanket to tuck in BF is just plain funny, along with all the other stuff. Thank goodness he can't read your texts and file a stay away order! Here's an internet meme of such a cute couple and another jealous dog:

I actually don’t know why he does this lol
We had been together for awhile and already had Bella by the time we got him
He also is super obsessed with Bella and chases her around the house until she hides behind us or goes and hides in her crate (he will also chase her into there and bother her)

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
These posts are funny! Buck has a bromance/bed hog dynamic going on with DH. He throws his front leg over my husband’s shoulder, snuggles against him and pushes him to the edge. He knows my husband is the softie. When I was gone last weekend the dog got twice as many walks.

I wonder if it makes a difference if you had the dog first before the SO? Seen a few romcoms about that:)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can tell you a new Happy stories everyday. He bounced back quickly after the acute pancreatitis, which I am very grateful for. But for some odd reason, he is now even more troublesome. Last night at 3am, he started a barking tantrum. Why? The water bowl in our bedroom was low on water. Paul got up to refill his bowl and then Happy poops on the floor in the dark. Yup, Paul steps on it on the way back from refilling the water.

Happy is the only dog out of the four that sleeps in our bedroom because of his early morning barking fits. The pooping problem started after the pancreatitis scare. The poop looks perfectly normal and I think it is related to behavioral issues. He seems way more territorial like he had a midlife crisis after a health scare. Is it revenge poop? I don’t know. I think it is but I’m sure it isn’t logically sound. A few weeks ago, we put Happy on our bed. As soon as Paul left the room, Happy took a dump on his side of the bed. Never in my 8 years of having him has he done something like this. I’m starting to wonder if the feud is getting extreme. As Happy ages, he is is becoming less happy and more grumpy.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
My 2 of 3 have not problem, however my last one Sage, hates a gentlemen that is just a friend, never been in my bedroom( where the girls all sleep) never makes over me, we go to dinner or he will watch TV. Sage will stay under my desk in the office while the other 2 are setting on the sofa or his lap. He has tried to make Sage like him, but she don't. It is Sages fault not the man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts