Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 year old silver toy poodle has teary eyes bad.........I am always cleaning them.....someone suggested Angels' Eyes........I wanted to know if anyone has used this product and if there were any good results. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just started doing this a few months ago, and it worked well on my poodle and my sister's poodle too
I have an old tooth brush (its really soft) and put some puppy tearfree shampoo on it, wet it and lightly scrub their eye boogies- works great!! :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion.....I will definitely give it a try.........I am also from Chicago..... the south side.......what side of town are you in.......Thanks again!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Angels eyes does work. In fact, I've never heard from a single person who used ot and said it didn't work.
It is an antibiotic though. It clearly says on the label that you should wean your dog off of it after a few months; I think a lot of people miss that part.
I used Tylan on Flash. Tylan is the brand name for tylosin, which is the exact antibiotic in Angels Eyes.
It only took about 4 weeks to completely clear up Flash's eyes and wean him off. Now I feed filtered water and just wipe his eyes every so often when they need it. If he gets tap water for even a few days, his gunky eyes come right back though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Savannah for your info on Angels' Eye...........I started out giving bottle water to my 5 year old Toy when I got my 6 month old Standard, but when I ran out I did use tap water......I guess I will make sure I always use only bottle water........ hopefully that will help quite a bit.......Thank you again for your response.:)
Angels eyes does work. In fact, I've never heard from a single person who used ot and said it didn't work.
It is an antibiotic though. It clearly says on the label that you should wean your dog off of it after a few months; I think a lot of people miss that part.
I used Tylan on Flash. Tylan is the brand name for tylosin, which is the exact antibiotic in Angels Eyes.
It only took about 4 weeks to completely clear up Flash's eyes and wean him off. Now I feed filtered water and just wipe his eyes every so often when they need it. If he gets tap water for even a few days, his gunky eyes come right back though.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I am a big fan of filtered/bottled water as well.
Seems to be working for Flip and definitely worked for Jack, my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (his eyes were stained, runny and STINKY).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Taxtell.........yes, my 5 year toy poodle's eyes are STINKY too!........I pray that keeping her eyes clean and only bottle/filtered water does the trick........my 14 year old toy never had problems with her eyes, and I don't want my 6 month old standard to start with any problems.........BOTTLE/FILTERED WATER IT IS!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yup bottled water is a life saver and a whole lot cheaper than angel eyes and safer....i have a brita and just fill up their dish with that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Mister for the tip on the Brita.....I guess I will be getting one soon.....I'm sure it's cheaper than buying bottle water all the time.....I will try using both (bottle/brita) of course one at a time :) Thanks again!
Yup bottled water is a life saver and a whole lot cheaper than angel eyes and safer....i have a brita and just fill up )their dish with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts