Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard poodles doing dock diving and that the Lab people got jealous because the standard poodle always beat them in distance.

Anyone know how to get into that ?

I went to a pet expo yesterday and took pictures I will post them in a few mins

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have always wanted to do that but have never had a dog would would retrieve :lol:

I think to get started is to train your dog to retrieve on water and once they are fool proof on that move them to a small dock and get it used to jumping into the water from a height and move up as they get better.

I don't know if there are clubs just for Dock Diving but you could Google it.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always wanted to do that but have never had a dog would would retrieve :lol:

I think to get started is to train your dog to retrieve on water and once they are fool proof on that move them to a small dock and get it used to jumping into the water from a height and move up as they get better.

I don't know if there are clubs just for Dock Diving but you could Google it.
The pictures I took have a website on the banner saying splashdogs.com I just went to the website and found this club that is simi local http://www.learningtofly.biz/

I emailed them so we will see what happens.

They had a Chihuahua dock diving it was HILARIOUS ! The owner of the club has the Chihuahua on the website. The record is 4'7" hahahahahah

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some of the pictures

This one would have been good if I had it in focus I think this dog won the contest.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and here are the little dogs

·
Registered
105 Posts
that looks cool, I love action shots of dogs. Ruby hates bathing so I don't think there is much hope of her diving in a large pool of water lol...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Casey would love this game.
That boy will fetch anything my fear is how would I ever keep him out of the creak if I started that LOL.

Mandy would be awsome at it as she is such an athlete that girl can run jump at amazing speeds but has no desire to fetch unless it is away from Casey

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
oh! awesome pix! ginger loves to fetch in the pool but she won't jump off the side. she goes to the second step and jumps in lol I drop her off the side so she can see its ok but so far she still likes the steps although she really wants to but is afraid lol

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
rofl, isn't that the truth about labs! How funny hahaha

My obedience class begin training tonight and one of my students was just fascinated with Jazz. He went on and on and ON about how spoo's were the greatest dog for hunting. He said the best dog he ever saw working birds was a spoo and it outdid his labs, goldens, and a chessie every time. LoL

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is true wonderpup i went to a gundog forum and everyone said that when a poodle shows up they out do all the other dogs lol

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I knew poodles could hunt, but I never knew they were that much better than retrievers. A lot of people in my area have Labs that they use (or attempt to use) for hunting. It seems kind of hit or miss with Labs. My granddad owned several different breeds of gundogs and his favs, by far were Brittanys. He was never that impressed with the more popular breeds. I wonder if he ever saw a hunting poodle?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts