Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this thread has been done before but tonight we were watching a doco about how dogs can smell cancer and of course they had dogs of various breeds on the TV. T was sitting on the couch with me as always and wasn't overly interested until the first dog came on. His ears pricked up, he was woofing/growling under his breath and he didn't take his eyes off the TV for the rest of the program :smile:

As a side line they had an apricot standrd they were using with very good result something like 88% - 97% success rate at sniffing out lung, breast and prostate cancers. Clever girl!

We have noticed this with him before with various nature doco's we watch, T is alwys interested when there are other animals on. He is so funny to watch cause he really gets engrossed in the TV and it looks like he is watching and understanding the shows :rofl: but he's really just watching the animals.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I never had a dog watch TV like Max does!
That photo is great!!!
Gunther loves TV.
Just about anything,but animals are his favourite.
When one disappears from the screen,Gunther jumps off the couch and runs to look behind the TV to see if it's there.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Enzo does not watch it like my cats do, but he does listen to it lol when I watch dog whisper he cocks his head side to side when he hears the dogs barking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My dog is ADDICTED to TV. To the point where he had to figure out how to watch the tv reflection in the sky light because i was yelling constantly that he always made a better door than a window. His favorite of course is anything doggy or horsey, and definitely Americas funniest home videos. He occasionally will watch humans but usually is just not interested.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My little Shih Tzu girl, Gabby, watches TV. She barks at the dogs on Animal Planet. All the other dogs run outside to see what she is barking at.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I am not sure if this thread has been done before but tonight we were watching a doco about how dogs can smell cancer and of course they had dogs of various breeds on the TV. T was sitting on the couch with me as always and wasn't overly interested until the first dog came on. His ears pricked up, he was woofing/growling under his breath and he didn't take his eyes off the TV for the rest of the program :smile:

As a side line they had an apricot standrd they were using with very good result something like 88% - 97% success rate at sniffing out lung, breast and prostate cancers. Clever girl!

We have noticed this with him before with various nature doco's we watch, T is alwys interested when there are other animals on. He is so funny to watch cause he really gets engrossed in the TV and it looks like he is watching and understanding the shows :rofl: but he's really just watching the animals.
I think I know the show you are talking about...its about certain breeds and is called Dogs 101 I think? We watched it the other night and Casey started barking whenever the cancer sniffing spoo would bark...but for the others she just watched.

I have to watch Dog Whisperer on MUTE because if my pack here a bunch of aggressive barking they will all start in...but just normal tv does nothing for them.

Anything with animals or animal sounds...especially dogs...will catch their attention, and sometimes they get a little too much into it! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts