Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys, but Matrix, at almost 7 years old, acts more like a young pup than Mitch does at 2 1/2 years. I have a feeling Matrix will be an eternal puppy :)
Mitch is much more laid back, but when he gets riled up, he's a little monster.

So, what about your poodles?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Romeo is 5 1/2 and he is really active and acts younger than many other breeds his age. He loves to run at the park, have other dogs chase him and fetch the ball. I think it's quite common for poodles to stay more active than other large breeds. Romeo best pal and the one who understands the rules of the game (Romeo runs, Mojo chases) is turning 10 in March. That boy is still super playful and agile. Maybe it's a poodle thing.

Brandy who turned 4 in November is more laid back and never was as playful as Romeo. But when she does join the play, no one can catch her. This girl runs like the wind.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
TPFKAP doesn't act his age at all! He is so silly and will throw himself around, roll all over you trying to get you to play, grunt and grumble to try and get you to play, he is so silly. He's also a huge baby though, because when he is ready for bed, all he wants to do is cuddle and curl up with you to juuuuussstttt snuggle. (TPFKAP is 4 or 5, I should have mentioned that.)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Teddy can most certainly act like the 8-month old puppy he is, but he can also be quite mature for his age. This leads to a lot of compliments from total strangers in public about how well behaved he is. The other day, for example, he sat on the floor of a packed elevator and didn't move or bark or whine or anything. A couple of the people commented on it and were genuinely surprised when I told them that he was still a puppy--and that I couldn't take any credit for that. He's just naturally that way. Thank God! LOL

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Teddy can most certainly act like the 8-month old puppy he is, but he can also be quite mature for his age. This leads to a lot of compliments from total strangers in public about how well behaved he is. The other day, for example, he sat on the floor of a packed elevator and didn't move or bark or whine or anything. A couple of the people commented on it and were genuinely surprised when I told them that he was still a puppy--and that I couldn't take any credit for that. He's just naturally that way. Thank God! LOL
Kudos to you!! Wish I could say the same. The spoos might do OK, they are big babies! I am 5'2 average size and Suri lays up on me like a big baby - I sware she is still a pup in her mind, frankly - I like it lol.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Paris is a loon, and probably always will be. She's coming up 4, and that's still young and active anyway, so can't *really* say she's not acting her age!

I hear from a LOT of people that many of these bigger guys don't really mature *mentally* until they reach 4-ish, and I have noticed Paris settles more now, but we'll see.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Sometimes. He will be 8 soon. I really think it all has more to do with how his back is feeling really more then his "age". He has been super playful for the past week, and i know his back was really bothering him before. He still goes for walks/hikes, plays, etc. He is alot more "moaney" though!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mister is 2 and acts 2 most of the time....he knows when its play time and when its time to settle down. He will always be the crazy fast one at the dog park getting everyone to chase him im sure. He is a love bug though and i wouldnt have it any other way.

Like right now at work he is curled up on his bed sleeping....

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Dima is 2 she still acts like a puppy.
Charly is turning 3 and he acts like an old man. He can sometimes play but most of the time he is super laid back. I tell people that he is a old soul :)

And Vaka she is only 6 months old and acts like her age.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts