Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'm interested to hear about this too. I know Harley makes an awful mess. Bailey doesn't make one at all and his face is fluffy. I'll have to keep a close eye on my SIl's spoo when he's here for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Desmond has never tracked water from drinking, but when he was just a wee pup he would splash around in his water bowl like it was a playground and THAT would make a huge mess. :) Not so sure if that applies to what you're asking though lol

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
TQ is a slurper... more water squirts out the sides of her mouth than she actually drinks. TheGrey is the most disgusting... he just like... drools out all the water... but usually back into the bowl and he re-drinks it. For TQ, we just put down a towel underneath the bowl... there is no other choice... she would ruin the hardwood floors if let be!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Cricket makes an awful mess when she drinks! It is a huge pet peeve of mine! She drinks and then starts to walk away mid-drink and slops water across the entire kitchen! When I see her taking a drink, I sometimes wait next to her with a paper towel, and then wipe her mouth! LOL!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
And a big one for me too!! The spoos just can't seem to get a drink without letting it run out of the sides of their mouths all over the kitchen floor. If you're not careful, you could get killed walking on that with crocs on!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Both of mine do and Suri BIG TIME. She will drink a lot and walk to through the living room with water running coming out the sides. eeeww. And she makes a really loud slurpy swishing noice to lol.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder what the deal is? It's not like they have loose round mouthes. So weird to see a poodle let water pour from it's mouth and drool all over.LOL

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
No, both Flip and Jack are very good about not making a mess.
My old greyhound girl? I swear it looked like someone used a firehose in my kitchen after she had a drink.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
All three of my spoos are pretty good about not making a mess with their mouths when they drink. But Betty Jo sure loves to splash in her water dish and drown the kitchen (she'll sneak into the tub when there is water in it too if she gets a chance). Fortunatley she is getting better about the dis thing though.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
And a big one for me too!! The spoos just can't seem to get a drink without letting it run out of the sides of their mouths all over the kitchen floor. If you're not careful, you could get killed walking on that with crocs on!!
All the more reason not to wear such ugly shoes! (I'm just kidding, love ya!)

What kind of bowl is everyone using, maybe that's part of the problem?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is one of those self dispenser things. I think it's a half gallon one. It's pretty low to the ground. Maybe I should buy something that's a bit higher off the ground?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Paris isn't toooo bad WHILE drinking, but the final mouthful always ends up all over the floor cos she'll pull away from the bowl when she's taken her last gulp, and continue to slobber ti down as she wanders away; spilling it everywhere. lol.

In any case, the water bowl lives outside :p

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Paris isn't toooo bad WHILE drinking, but the final mouthful always ends up all over the floor cos she'll pull away from the bowl when she's taken her last gulp, and continue to slobber ti down as she wanders away; spilling it everywhere. lol.

In any case, the water bowl lives outside :p
I'm just about there. The last gulp water all over the floor is irritating me.:fish:

·
Registered
562 Posts
WOW it seems to be a major Spoo thing! Mister is the worst for this! He drinks like he's never had water every time lol. And then drinks so much at a time that sometimes he yaks it back up lol.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
He drinks like he's never had water every time lol.
LOL! Paris does this tooooo. at a show a couple of weeks ago, I had an instructor from another club almost tell me off about that! She was going past with her (full) water bowl to empty it, and offered it to Paris seeing she was gonna empty it anyway. Paris drank it dry and licked it clean. I'm not sure the instructor believed me that Paris had had a drink not that long ago on the cold and rainy day that it was... LOL :fish:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Riley does it too!! While drinking he is pretty neat, but he walks away right after drinking and drips it all over the floor in a trail. I have the water bowl in my laundry room, and just have alot of rugs down to catch it (like the bowl is in the far corner so when he turns he is still on the rug).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts