Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The doorbell rings on the TV and Harry starts barking at the front door.:doh: I have to tell him everytime that no one is there. I'm not sure he gets it since he continues to do it.:lol:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Oh, Ponki loves barking at the TV... and only at certain programs or commercials. Remember the bacon-bits commercial... where the dog was running through the house saying "bacon... bacon... bacon". Ponki would bark hysterically every time that commercial aired! She's such a nut sometimes LOL!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, Ponki loves barking at the TV... and only at certain programs or commercials. Remember the bacon-bits commercial... where the dog was running through the house saying "bacon... bacon... bacon". Ponki would bark hysterically every time that commercial aired! She's such a nut sometimes LOL!
One day I was watching some puppy footage on youtube and the sounds that the puppies were making had Harry looking at me as if to ask me where the babies were.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Meau barks when dogs bark on The Dog Whisperer show; and that gets the rest of the girls going! Meika used to bark at the doorbell on TV, but it's been quiet since she went to wait for me at the rainbow bridge last spring... If the REAL doorbell rings or someone knocks on the door, however, it's a different story!! All four of the girls will bark their fool heads off then!! :) It doesn't take long, usually, for them to quiet down though.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Same here, if the doorbell rings or someone knocks on the door she'll bark. She went berserk when she heard the scream of a cougar on tv, and we had to let her outside in the backyard so she could do her patrol to make sure everyone was safe else she wouldn't have calmed down.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
My Poms are really bad about it. And it seems every other commercial has a door bell or cell phone ring and then they are off! Also any shows with dogs - Olie will bark real low.....over and over until one of the other dogs bark and then he will chime in. He is such a softie!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Desmond doesn't even notice the TV unless it's a dog barking repetitively. I was playing a video game- Okami- and you can make the player (a wolf) bark, and so I made her bark a bunch and Desmond was running around barking and trying to protect me, it was soooo funny haha. He "huffs" a lot too; it sounds like he's saying "I'm warning you... whoever you are.." lol. He doesn't know what a doorbell is so he doesn't bark when those ring, or knocks on the door or anything.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Both my girls bark at Animal Planet programmes, when they hear puppies whining. They bark at door bells on commercials as well. The cat loves TV. He quite likes the home improvement programmes and football.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Zack barks everytime there is an animal on tv (especially dogs). I don't think he understands that its just on tv and he can't get them and they can't get him.

Sasha barks at it only when he barks but its quite obvious she has no clue why she is barking. Now she does bark when there is a knocking sound on tv, she thinks someone is trying to break down the door I think.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
All of my dogs do it. Holly is the funniest. She notices everything and her head is going back and forth, back and forth, then she will begin to bark. The whole time she is staring at the TV. Wiz freaks out of he hears thunder on the TV and it takes a bit to convince him it is not REALLY happening. My first Whippet would run at the TV barking and slam his nose into it if I was watching agility trials. I think THEY think the TV is actually a window.

A couple of years ago I had a little female for a month that was from Leatherstocking lines. If there was a doorbell rung on TV., she would run to the top of the stairs barking and then fall over and have an epileptic seizure. Real doorbell, doorbell on TV., she gets excited just the same and has a seizure every time. She lives with my best friend and does this every single time she hears a doorbell. Poor baby...

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
LOL....YES! They bark at dogs barking on TV but they don't realize where it is coming from since we have surround sound. They stand up in the room looking everywhere for that dang dog. LOL Sometimes they will pup up at an odd sound they haven't heard before but then they go back to sleep.

The other funny thing they all did as puppies was notice their reflection in the patio door at night and sit there and bark and paw at it. Too cute!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Riley barks and goes after dogs on TV! When i watch the Dogs 101 show he will bark, snarl and growl. I still have nose prints from Westminster of last year on one TV! :doh: Cute bugger!! I find it very funny!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Of my 4 toy dogs, 3 of them bark at any strange noise from the tv and when company comes to visit. I have one that has never barked but loves to make growling noises when he is in a playful mood!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Fonzie barks when he hears a doorbell on TV, and he runs to the door. This sets off my lab and boxer, who have never barked at TV before. They have no idea what they're barking at, but they join in just for good measure - good grief! :rolffleyes: I can't stand yappy dogs, so we're working hard to extinguish this behavior.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Pete and Cash will both bark at the TV if they hear a dog barking on it. Pete really gets agitated because of his "protective" nature. Cash is just confused I think and can't find the dog.

Pete will also bark if he sees a shiny reflection in the window. Two years ago when we lost electricity for 5 days we were using lanterns. Pete would not stop barking at the reflection of the light in the window.

Pete will also sing along when my oldest daughter is practicing her Saxaphone.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Pete and Cash will both bark at the TV if they hear a dog barking on it. Pete really gets agitated because of his "protective" nature. Cash is just confused I think and can't find the dog.

Pete will also bark if he sees a shiny reflection in the window. Two years ago when we lost electricity for 5 days we were using lanterns. Pete would not stop barking at the reflection of the light in the window.

Pete will also sing along when my oldest daughter is practicing her Saxaphone.
:rofl: WOW! It has been a whole year since that terrible ice storm, hasn't it? six days with no power here. I was working at Wal-Mart and had to take sponge baths in the employee bathroom!! Interesting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts