Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to find suitable treats and food for Beckie, I bought some sample foods and they sent me nutritional yeast. They give it a fancy name with cheese in it but my daughter said it's just regular nutritional yeast and it naturally smells like cheese.

Anyways, Merlin is fond of it and I sprinkle a tiny bit of it (less than a green pea) in his kibble, with a bit of warm water.

I had never heard of using it on dog food so I was wondering if some of you had been using it for a while without problems.

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
Have not tried this -but will try it out on Asta. I have order coming in the next 2 days - bought it for me as I use it on many of my dishes - My favorite is egg salad.

Reactions: Dechi

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
I’ve used It in human recipes, not dog’s. I’ve seen it in lists of ingredients for some commercial dog treats and food.

Reactions: Dechi

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,822 Posts
Yum! I love nutritional yeast. If you decide to continue with it, I’d get human grade so you can enjoy it, too. :) Just be careful it’s not brewer’s yeast, as I imagine that could cause bloating.

·
Premium Member
13,226 Posts
Vetzymes and Kitzymes were just about the only supplements available in the days of my youth - the animals always liked them. I got a tub of Vetzyme vitamin B+E last year to plug a gap when Poppy would only eat the home made hepatic diet and am now using them up as occasional treats. They are mostly nutritional yeast with a few extras, and are very well received!

Reactions: Dechi and Liz
1 - 6 of 6 Posts