Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do your dogs sleep on furniture. Today Galen had hoisted himself into a rocking chair, of all things, and was lying there daintily curled up while smugly watching his little stepbrother. Ritter, meanwhile, keeps trying to cram his enormous carcass into armchairs too small for his size. He definitely doesn't fit into the rocking chair, plus he is so clumsy he would face plant if he actually tried to crawl into it. We only have one chair where he still fits properly. The upholstery is pretty much shot, so I will probably be throwing the chair out at some point. I was thinking to my self I really need to make sure the replacement chair is big enough to accommodate Ritter if he wants to hop up. I then thought to myself, this dog has no shortage of places he can sleep. He has access to three couches, three beds, a loveseat, and numerous carpets. He doesn't need a chair to sleep in too. So I'm still contemplating the replacement chair.

·
Administrator
12,823 Posts
Yes! Although Peggy rarely chooses the couch for naps. She’s much more likely to sleep on the ottoman or one of the human beds if she’s not in her own bed.

For pet-resistant fabrics, I’m not sure it gets much better than microfiber. I’ve been wanting a new couch for ages, but this one is holding up too well.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yes. Animals are allowed on furniture if it’s not in use. Animals (and children!) are not allowed to eat or chew on anything on the furniture. Animals must defer use of furniture to humans if requested.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yes Winnie lies on our bed during the day when I am doing housework upstairs and has various armchairs and a sofa downstairs to pick from and will also jump on the chest of drawers in her room (we keep the top clear for her) as she likes to look out of the window. She also has a table in the garden for her to jump up on. Honestly this dog should have been born with metre long legs as she just isn't happy enough on the floor.
She has recently started sneaking her chew on to her cushion on the sofa and as soon as I see her with it I tell her to get down and take it to her bed which she does. She thinks she is invisible too.

·
Registered
Luca red tpoo and Matteo blue Spoo
300 Posts
Ok, so I am the odd one out here. No dogs in any of my furniture. However they jump up in the sofa, if I am working from home and in an online meeting. Negative attention is better than none! My colleagues laugh when I jump up, throw my headset and run into the living room. It works every time. I am obviously well trained.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Yes. Animals are allowed on furniture if it’s not in use. Animals (and children!) are not allowed to eat or chew on anything on the furniture. Animals must defer use of furniture to humans if requested.
Animals must defer use of furniture to humans if requested.

You are so hard-hearted. :giggle:

I've tried to convince my husband that he has first claim on 'his' chair, but I sometimes find him on the sofa and Normie in his chair.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Absolutely! I think I recently posted pictures of Happy in her chair and on her, I mean our, bed. She has two chairs and the couch to choose form in the family room and she seems to rotate amongst the three. She doesn't go on the furniture on our living room since there's usually no one there. All our furniture is dual use; if I'm on it, I want my poodle there too. It's not just me, my wife and son are equally guilty.

·
Registered
Nano, 3 year old toy poodle
43 Posts
Nano has to have permission to join me on the bed and couch, he doesn’t just hop on when he feels like it (something that was our dog school’s philosophy). He sleeps in his own bed at night and I call him up in the morning.

I know he does go on the couch when I’m not home, but not when I’m around and I’m fine with that.

The cat however obeys no one.

Cat Vertebrate Felidae Comfort Carnivore

·
Registered
703 Posts
Evelyn used to have his own chair before we moved and I threw it out.
Dog Furniture Chair Carnivore Dog breed

Then he had his own chair at Park Friend's house until it broke and they gave it away!

Dog Couch Furniture Dog breed Comfort

Now they have a very nice moon pod at their house, which he has claimed:
Dog Comfort Couch Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Dog breed Flowerpot Carnivore Wood

Evelyn is allowed on all furniture except for my mom's fancy chair, which no one is allowed on. Ranna is only allowed on furniture if invited, which now that he has learned the jump up command is very rare. He peed on my bed when I got him and I have not forgotten and I do not forgive (myself!). He'll be allowed on the furniture when we are so far from accidents that I barely remember them.

I always encouraged Evelyn to lay on top of me on the couch and now I'm paying the price, now he wants to lay right on top of me in bed. Which would be nice if he wasn't smuggling a mini-furnace under his skin. I haven't the heart to revoke his bed privileges so every night is a struggle! 😭 I fight him off and he climbs back on until I physically lift him and move him to the other side of the bed. At which point he plasters himself to my side and steals all the covers. So one side of me is on fire and the other side is freezing and beyond is a sea of covers!

Dog Carnivore Comfort Textile Dog breed

Head Dog Dog breed Carnivore Jaw

How could I say no to that face though???

1 - 20 of 59 Posts