Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am horrible at picking names. We are currently making a list for our keeper so I would love to hear any suggestions. Right name her nickname is Spotty ( earned from the pink spot on her nose but it maybe filling in) but we aren’t keeping it that. The kids like Minnie but I’m not sure about that one either.

Personality wise she is very bold and outgoing. Not afraid of much and has a ton of energy. The others were nervous when being handled on the table by a stranger but she wasn’t a bit concerned. Size wise she is the smallest of her litter at 4.30 lbs at 8weeks 4days (biggest girl is 5.20lbs. She is just as tall though a tiny bit over 8inches at 8 weeks. She is just smaller framed and lean.

Gosh we love this little spunky girl so much already ..

In the picture below she is the one laying dow on the right.

101DD511-1097-42FF-A322-7F386ABD4B4D_1568126791829.jpg

54E20C24-2023-472F-807C-9D7F75E13453_1568126935479.jpg

58B2DDE6-FF70-4890-94B3-A4E2347C57E7_1568127280970.jpg

3353C3D4-F6A1-437A-8FC1-35AD6F3B3CDC_1568127362568.jpg

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
When I was a kid we had a cocker spaniel that was the same color and with a white spot of fur on her head. We called her Angel because we thought it was like a halo. Seems to fit with this one too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What about “Chachki” traditionally spelled “Tchotchke”?

That’s what I wanted to call her when I first saw her since she’s such a darling little thing. Tehehehe... it means a little trinket, knickknack or collectible in Yiddish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My daughters name is Anna so while I really like Annie it would be confusing I think .

Thank you for the name suggestions so far. I’m putting them on the list .

·
Super Moderator
5,244 Posts
That would definitely be confusing!

I also love Glory and Betsy.

We had a list a mile long for our current pup. Even picked one and used it for a couple of weeks! But the name Peggy Sue suddenly appeared out of thin air and I knew it was her name. It'll come to you ?

·
Registered
390 Posts
She is adorable! How about Keeper? Oh boy let's see I love the naming process. Let's see what else I've got. All of our dogs are named after some sort of fictional character we like. I keep an ongoing list of names for future use:

Honey (I never can use that one because I call my hubby Honey)
Chrissy
Katie
Madeline
Ellie
Ainsley
Sasha
Morgan
Happy (had this one for Mr. Layne's sister had I chosen her)

Nibbles (had a Cocker named that)
Cuddles

On my short list for "some day" is: Chacha (like the dance) or Mandy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've wanted Lucy since we had our first girl named Daisy. But we're about to get another boy, so I won't get my Lucy.

I think all dog names should end in 'y'!

Is she a toy? She's adorable.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Ginevre, Ginny for short. Don't know why, but that is who she looks like to me!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've wanted Lucy since we had our first girl named Daisy. But we're about to get another boy, so I won't get my Lucy.

I think all dog names should end in 'y'!

Is she a toy? She's adorable.

Her mom is 15 1/2“inches (maybe a little over) and her dad 15”. So she should be around that size though I definitely wouldn’t mind her to be smaller just for traveling sake .

Decision Decisions..

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Gracie, Lily, Abby, Ginny/Ginger, Daphne, Sophie, Tess/Tessie, Autumn, Charlie, Emmie/Emmy, Lacy, Lexi, Liberty- those are some of my fav girl names.

I love the name Lucy, too, as Joe suggested. So many to choose from!!

If I got an apricot or red girl right now, she would probably be a Daphne or a Sophie.

Btw, she is just the cutest puppy!! Love her beautiful color.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Oh yes, I love Daphne or Daffodil & came back to add that :)
Ariel or Aria
I also love Peaches for a puppy of that color.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
A few not common names LOL!

Electra
Tawny
Suri
Jewel
Chloe
Astrid
Brea
Harlow
Lyric
Cleo
Sheba

Reactions: Mel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
When there isn't a theme already in place, I think of alliterative names like Pollyanna, Pandora, Priscilla, Persephone, Penelope... Some of them shorten easier than others, some of them offer more to riff on for nicknames.

It does help to make a list and play with it, but as often as not, they do name themselves. Something they do, or a look and it comes to you. Happy days!

Reactions: Mel
1 - 20 of 35 Posts