Poodle Forum banner

Do you have a pig instead of a poodle?

3K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  Mister 
#1 ·
Mia is the biggest pig! She could eat an entire bag of food I swear. If I don't crate her while she eats, she'll finish her bowl and then eat Harry's. I do not free feed them. There is no free feeding that girl. She would eat until she was sick so they get fed twice a day and she gets plenty of food, she's just a pig.

#7 ·
That is the best thing to see IMHO!! It makes life for everyone SO much easier. I am going to try doing Raw in the AM starting tomorrow morning. I am not sure yet if I would take the full plunge but for the sake of the dental health alone is great.

The HOOVER thing, YEP now that I can relate to!

#14 ·
We use the Ultra Premium. It's chicken but mine don't have chicken issues. It's in a blue and white bag. I buy the big 33 pound bag and it all fits inside of my air tight container. That lasts me about a month with the two dogs.

Harry did eat around those vitamin things too. I guess it tastes like a vitamin and I know that my kids will only eat Flinstones so maybe he thinks they are gross.:lol:

#10 ·
Oh yes, Jackson will eat until he's just sick and miserable and then try to eat some more. Absolutely no free feeding him. And when he eats, he buries his nose in the bowl and flings it everywhere. He'll finish what's left in the bowl and then go on a treasure hunt for the rest! Such a slob.

#12 ·
My spoos are great eaters, of course, they never eat just kibble. It's always doctored with good amount of home cooked chicken, beef, pork or whatever. In the afternoon they get raw meaty bones. Maybe if they were offered plain kibble, they would rebel. lol My havanese on the other hand is a whole different story. He eats homecooked in the morning and raw at night. He is so small (12.5 lbs) I see no need to make him eat kibble which he picks out of his food anyway.

#13 ·
Allie is that way, plus she can look at the food and gain weight. I think it's left over from all the meds she was given before I got her. She would eat her self sick if I let her. Most of mine are that way, but not as bad as her.

My family laughs at my dogs at feeding time. It's a drag race to their kennels when they see me get the bowls. They do all make it in their own crate but not without some bump drafting on the way. You'd think they only get fed once a week instead of twice a day. :rolffleyes:

The Divine Miss Reece is the exception. You may get her to eat a piece or 2 if your lucky.

#15 ·
YES before I got Vaka I could free feed Dima and Charly and they would just eat when they where hungry and never overeat

Well Vaka is a different story if I open the container of food she just starts to eat and eat and eat :)

I now give them two meals a day and Vaka eats in her crate ;)

#16 ·
Riley is a pig with his raw food and would probably eat himself sick! If its plain dry kibble then he will only nibble and doesnt like it. Doctored kibble is good, but still not as good to him as raw! He is deffinatly not a hoover dog though and has to check every single thing out before putting it in his mouth.

#21 ·
I WISH my poodle was a pig! Getting him to eat is such a pain. I literally have to sit in front of him and watch him eat. If we leave his with his food in front of him, he'll follow me whenever I leave to do something in the house. If I put him in his crate to eat, he'll just put his head down on his bowl and pout...and eventually fall asleep if we don't give him any attention. :fish:

#22 ·
My husband's old spoo, Jackson, ate 2 dozen hard boiled easter eggs once (while no one was looking) and farted for weeks!!

Mochi is a little piggy too. She loves her food even if it's just plain kibble. We feed her in her crate so we know she's hungry when she runs into her crate and stares at us. Oh and ALWAYS a loud satisfied burp when she's done.

#23 ·
Atticus would eat as much as you let him and he'll still be begging for more. He'd eat all day if I'd let him. He gets fed in the morning and at night, and is still begging for more. I'm just glad he is smart enough to not barge in the other dogs bowls while they are eating, hed be dead. Our other dogs are food aggressive with other dogs (theyre fine with people, we can pick up their bowl while their eatting and put our hands in no problem) so I usually just feed him where ever I am in the house so I can keep an eye on him.

Our other dogs eat like they have never eaten before. Our golden and doxie finish their bowls of food in probably 30 seconds, and are still begging for more. Theyre in perfect body weight/condition and still gain a little extra from eatting apples all day during summer, and we have to suffer from all their bad gas. haha

#24 ·
Nope, Flash eats well enough now, but he'll always be on the slim side. He's been mistaken for a greyhound mix twice!

He used to be terribly picky. The only way I got him to eat consistently is to make a game out of it. I bought him a Yuppy Puppy Treat Machine- it's a gumball machine with a lever on it so he can feed himself a few kibbles at a time. He loves that thing! I keep it stocked with Evo, and he gets a raw meal every night.

I've been so happy since I discovered Evo! He cannot eat all raw, he threw up nearly every day and wouldn't eat the between-meal snacks I offered him. I even tried half and half before, but he always puked whenever he had kibble and raw on the same day. Now he's able to eat Evo kibble throughout the day, and his raw meal at night, with no throwing up!! Yay!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.