Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,481 Posts
The No - Prior to getting my 2 small dogs not poodles, I did a lot of homework before hand. I did not want my dogs to be stereotyped as yapping ankle biters lol, and they are called that.
So I do not carry them around they walk everywhere, I continue to train with them on barking, and work on Aoki's fear/insecure issues and try very hard not to enable her.

The yes - When it came to feeding them, they were both picky for a long time. So I hand fed them for months. I would get up at 6am and sit 30-45 minutes a day waiting to get them to eat enough food, came home after work and do it again. I had to stop that and somewhat corrected that by placing and pulling food, BUT I do still sit with them from time to time when I know they may have eaten light the day before. So that is spoiling - I am aware that a healthy dog will eat when they are ready:)

Also one of them is a two stop pottier - Aoki will pee and come in and then shortly after she wants back out to do #2.......Not sure I honestly think she is a little OCD.

· Registered
4,481 Posts
I might ask you for some advice with Harry then. I'm having problems getting him to do a down for me. I don't know why he will sit on command in an instant but down is another story.
I have the same problem with Olie. With all of them really. The Poms do not set a good example because they do jump up a good bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.