Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't something I'm worried about, but I am a little curious. When Flower and I have a training session, and she has to repeat a trick several times to get it right, she starts to snap her jaws and bare her teeth. Then, she barks. Is she getting frustrated, and do your dogs do the same thing when they get frustrated- if it is frustration? BTW, she's a seven month old standard poodle, if that helps.

·
Registered
737 Posts
OREO grumbles. Sort of like back talking from a teenager. Mumbles under his breath. It's rather cute.

He never does it during training sessions, only when I tell him to get his toy off my bed or the couch.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Molly definitely gets frustrated with me .........she will stomp her front feet and bark at me if I am not fast enough doing her bidding, and when we do too many repeats of a command she looks at me like "You're boring me" and puts herself in the down position and tries to ignore me...................... then I get frustrated LOL!

·
Premium Member
5,853 Posts
Beatrice growl whines when one of the other dogs has something she wants, she also used to do a questioning grr grr when she wanted to be let of the crate sooner than I wanted her out. Pretty funny

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Jazzie definitely gets bored faster than I do with training exercises. She doesn't grumble, she just responds more slowly a few times, and if I still don't get the idea, she stops responding at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mishka clearly got frustrated with me when I taught him to "die" when I point and "shoot" him saying "pshew pshew." My sister had worked with him to teach him to roll over and that's what he thought I wanted. He would grumble and pull lightly on my pant leg when I didn't give him a treat for rolling over as if to say, "Lady, you're crazy! What do you want?"

That being said, when we tried it again the next day, he got it on his first try.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If Blue can't figure out what I want him to do, he resorts to his default "give me a treat" behavior, which is to throw himself forcefully and flatly into a "down" and look up soulfully at me. It's hard to resist, even when I know I shouldn't reward him for the wrong behavior.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Racer acts goofy when he gets frustrated. Just like a 2 yr old but no vocalizations. Usually I switch to something he will reliably do & stop the training session with a success we can celebrate. Normally when we try the new behavior later he figures it out quickly

·
Registered
46 Posts
Merlin does what I call sass me when he doesn't want to do something like training or he doesn't want to stay on spot when someone's at the door or if he gets caught doing something he shouldn't do like getting into the treat jar. He doesn't snap or bark , he shows his teeth and shakes his head no. I think it's hysterical he cracks me up, he has done it since he was just a little puppy, he is 16 months and still does it.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Bella will growl under her breath when I tell her not she cannot get up on my lap. Cayenne gets a real high pitched whine when she does not get her way, or if she wants to stop something I have her doing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts