Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 4:15 I locked Ruby in her kennel and we went out for easter dinner. We got home about 6:10 to see that she ripped up her memory foam bed I have in the kennel. I am worried that may have eaten some it. I tried to peice it back together to make sure i had it all, but it was in to many peices and wasn't possible to fit 50 millionpeices of memory foam back together.

She has had 2 normal poops since we came home, that's typical. She acts fine, not sick, maybe a little more hyper but thats probably from being locked up.

How will I know if she gets a block? How many days do I need to stress for? IF she did eat any of it, will it pass?

I'm really rather worried about it, it was my fault, her bed was simply a peice of memory foam with a waterproof cover and a pillow case around it. The thought of her on a hard floor just wasn't making me feel better about locking her up, so I thought if it was more comfy.....

It's out now obvioulsy and I won't be putting it back even if I could. Now she has just a blanket. generally when she shreds toilet paper and stuff, she does just that, shreds it but doesn't eat it, so I am hoping this is the case with the foam.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
If She starts to not eat , drink , and no poop , then I would be worried.
She should be fine. Look in her stool to see if you see the foam.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Oh what a silly puppy! LoL, hopefuly she'll be fine - most of the time they are. It would become pretty obvious if she has a problem so you'll notice quickly. Just keep watch :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh what a silly puppy! LoL, hopefuly she'll be fine - most of the time they are. It would become pretty obvious if she has a problem so you'll notice quickly. Just keep watch :)
Its not been quite 24 hrs yet, but I think she is ok...she shows no signs of no appetite, pooping just fine, playing just fine and being her hyper spun out little self. I will keep a watch on her of course though for another few days and at the first sign she will be at the vet's so fast.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Silly Girl, she is.
You might find pieces of that foam in her poop in few days.
Hopefully, she just had fun, but no dinner of foam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts