Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a puppy for four years. I was set on a papillon, but decided, since I also foster Boston terriers, I should go with something a little larger. I settled on a miniature poodle because I had been so happy with our standard poodle several years ago.

So, I found a breeder close to where I am planning to move, 2 hours away. Just spoke with her and one of the two bitches did not take. Not enough puppies for me. Grrr! Start over.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check Great Lakes Poodles in Tawas City, MI. We just got a Klein (moyen) boy from her this summer and he will be 20 lbs full-grown. She has another female who's due sometime this fall. We love our Charlie boy, so smart and sweet-tempered.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Her next litter will be in the spring.

She called me today because someone in Texas who has one of her dogs (that she bred) bred their bitch and one of the puppies was refused. He is 11 weeks old. I will call that person to see about going that route.

Checked Great Lakes and since I can't see in the dark, even dusk, I need a light colored dog. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was in your position in the Spring. The breeder I had my heart set on only had a litter of 4, all of whom were spoken for and wouldn't be breeding again until after the new year. I was super disappointed, and then when the pups were 6 weeks I got an email from her saying that someone had dropped out and she had a little girl available if I wanted her!

Obviously this is a rare occurrence, but you never know! It's always good to be on a waiting list. :)

·
Premium Member
23,232 Posts
Be careful about Eriand.

Why would you say this? If you look around on PF you will see there has been extensive discussion to the goo (with some dissenting opinions largely responded to). My mom's mpoo is from Eriand, local friends have Eriand dogs (one many generations of dogs), and there are a number of new Eriand pup owners here on the forum.

No single breeder can check all of the boxes all potential owners might want, but Eriand checks most of them. I have been to her home more than once and one of my friends who is a pet trainer has trained a number of pups bred by Erica or her mom. She has always found them to have lovely temperaments, to be well built and healthy. She knows poodles very well too having had several toys and minis over the years.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
People drop off of waiting lists, more than you might think. Another thought is to ask the breeder for a referral. I would follow up on the Texas puppy :) and even ask for other suggestions. It’s a connected community. Best wishes that your long search will be over soon.

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
noriko in calfornia is advertising an adult white mpoo. he has a championship. sounds like retirement petdom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts