Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m aware that dirty hair dulls clipper blades. I just got my new 7f blade in the mail and I want to clean up Lacey’s body and upper legs with it.

She had a bath and blow dry 4 days ago. Her hair still feels pretty fresh and I don’t want to bathe and blow dry her again so soon. She hasn’t gotten her body dirty or wet from being outside.

Do you think her hair would be clean enough to clip without another bath?

The blades are kind of expensive so I’m paranoid about dulling them prematurely.

·
Premium Member
6,691 Posts
I don't think that should be an issue, I bathe mine every two weeks and use a trimmer on their faces every week, I only just replaced the blade after two years

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
No issue at all. I bathe mine once a month (unless there is an accident), and like Twila, my blades lasts at least 2 years. 1 clip on a toy is probably less than 3-4 clips on a standard, so it doesn’t matter as much if the dog is clean or not.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I rarely manage to have time to bathe and clip Raffi in one day, so he nearly always gets clipped several days after a bath.
And at work (vet clinic), the blades get used on very dirty, matted, bloody, etc fur and even those last a month or two of constant use.
Plus, you can always get your blades sharpened (if you can find a good place to go!)

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
I’d go ahead and don’t worry. I rarely clip Dolly after a bath and blow dry. I usually wait a few days and my blades remain sharp a long time.

Reactions: Porkchop
1 - 6 of 6 Posts