Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought CC Black on Black for my mini Rudy and used it this weekend. WOW! That stuff is really purple/black! It did a great job but just wondering with the cost if I could dilute it. I find myself repeatedly putting some in my hand for say a leg or tail or ears, top knot etc. so I'm going to blow through this stuff fast. Loooooooooooooong time ago when I had my first mini I spent two days with a breeder learning to groom and she used a mixture of dish soap and mineral oil for her dogs.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rudy has a soft, thick wavy coat. Would CC Spectrum One work on that? I could save the Black on Black for summer in case his coat gets too much sun.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Here are the instructions “Shampoo with your favorite Chris Christensen shampoo. Apply Black on Black to the coat. DO NOT DILUTE. Work product into a lather and massage into the coat. Allow to remain on the coat for 2-10 minutes depending on coat porosity and texture. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.”

I think you are smart to save it for the summer.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Bio Groom Ultra Black.......... might fit the bill as far as being more economical and it dilutes 4:1
The best buys for shampoos is at https://www.petsupplies.com

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Here are the instructions “Shampoo with your favorite Chris Christensen shampoo. Apply Black on Black to the coat. DO NOT DILUTE. Work product into a lather and massage into the coat. Allow to remain on the coat for 2-10 minutes depending on coat porosity and texture. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.”

I think you are smart to save it for the summer.
I just realized, every one is assuming this is a shampoo because of the title of your post, but Black on Black is apparently not a shampoo according to Chris Christense - their instructions state to wash your dog with shampoo first before using this product. Maybe if you wash your dog first you will find you use less of this Black on Black? Maybe you can spread it thinner and get the same effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts