Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title explains himself.... i mean.. itself.. brain wake up

Poodle grooming is my biggest learning curve when it comes to potential poodle ownership

I'd prefer to use a diluted shampoo to pair with a grooming system, so it will be fast and easy for very frequent baths

I'd like to show my poodle, so daily grooming/batheing will be necessary

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I dilute, I have the concentrate in the original bottle and I make a diluted sample in a separate 16 oz bottle so I’m not diluting every shampoo.

There are plenty of shampoos that don’t need dilution. Your mentor may have a recommendation that they prefer.

One of the professional groomers I used just placed some concentrate in the palm of her hand, rubbed it across the wet dog then lathered up without prediluting. It’s a little wasteful but works.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Daily grooming does not involve a bath. Show poodles are typically bathed once a week (except that the topknot and neck hair are washed immediately after showing to get the hair spray out). I suspect that too frequent bathing would be pretty hard on the skin.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Daily grooming does not involve a bath. Show poodles are typically bathed once a week (except that the topknot and neck hair are washed immediately after showing to get the hair spray out). I suspect that too frequent bathing would be pretty hard on the skin.
Johanna is very knowledgeable, she’s been both a poodle judge in AKC and titled her poodles in conformation. i would follow her advice.

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you,

that I wasn't aware of. Learning something new every day

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Johanna is very knowledgeable, she’s been both a poodle judge in AKC and titled her poodles in conformation. i would follow her advice.
Goodness! Thanks for the flowers, Skylar. You are my inspiration to get busy and work with Zoe on obedience!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts