Poodle Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I am sure Canada's lakes would have a very big piece of Peggy's heart too if she got to visit a few !!! Annie just likes the greenspace, she hates the lake part. Because of covid, they dont even have canoes by the lake for us to go together in. Hey, its summer again. Time for swimming lessons for dogs again, poor Annie!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
From that first photo to the second, what an emotional roller coaster!!

I hope tomorrow is all chippy chasing. Maybe even a squirrel or two? Just this once? ;)
You will be pleased to know she got to chase a squirrel today, I let her drag her leash for a short walk, and she was quite pleased with herself... got about 1 ft from it. Still not 100% (smelly diahrea still, tires quickly on walks, and passed out very early last night).
I had the audacity to switch her from canned food, chicken, and rice to DOG FOOD, when she informed me she was still hungry after her final meal last night. You should have seen the offended looks Trixie and Annie gave me before continuing to chow down. Trixie has decided that they share a bowl now, which I credit to some of Annie's returned appetite...

20200616_171424.jpg

I am considering if it would be worthwhile to have the vet do a second round of bloodwork in a week or two for my sanity. Blood work before found "off the charts" levels of amylase, indicating pancreas issues, and I worry about that long term, as pancreatitis is VERY painful.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
I love that photo! And I'm so happy to hear she's feeling well enough to be offended. Excellent news. :)

I think follow-up bloodwork sounds like a really good idea. I'd also be worried about long-term damage, and this will put your mind at ease.

·
Registered
12,214 Posts
I would definitely have the follow up blood tests done, both for peace of mind and, if all is well, as a baseline for future comparisons. Good to hear that she is feeling better - what a thoroughly frightening experience for all of you.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts