Poodle Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Dobby
3 Posts
Wow, this is your problem. Sorry I can't help you, but I think you will find a way out. My dogs once refused 5 feeds, I thought I would go crazy, but then we are ours.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought Canidae (duck flavor) as it has the best looking ingredients for the right price that I could find. Both dogs ate it and it went over a lot better than the Taste of the Wild kibble (which I’ll be donating to the ASPCA).
A poster mentioned feeding kibble as treats and so we bought a treat ball and stuffed it with food and that also worked! I think we also might just have a reluctant eater, sounds like that’s normal for poodles.
Just curious, after being on Canidae for a couple of days, how is it working out? Puppers still eating it? Tummies doing well on it? It was magic for Bobby. We are now trying the Canidae Pure duck and sweet potato recipe. So far, good. This will be the
5th flavor in the Canidae line and all have been great for Bobby.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just curious, after being on Canidae for a couple of days, how is it working out? Puppers still eating it? Tummies doing well on it? It was magic for Bobby. We are now trying the Canidae Pure duck and sweet potato recipe. So far, good. This will be the
5th flavor in the Canidae line and all have been great for Bobby.
Right now they’re both still on a semi food strike. It made me wonder about the recall but nothing they’ve been fed has fallen under the recall. The Mini is eating about 1/3 cup daily (she weighs about 12 pounds) and my spaniel is eating about 1/2 cup daily (he’s a chubby 26 pounds). They’re eating it, at least 1 meal a day, just not their usual two meals.
Tummy issues have resolved with the Canidae, bloat and gas is gone. The only thing I can think of now is that it is behavioral. They might be trying to game the system so going to monitor their weight and give it a couple days. The spaniel is plenty fat enough so he’s fine. 😂 the Mini I’m monitoring closely.
ETA: I wonder if they’re hesitant to eat because the last food brand before Canidae caused bloat?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts