Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a breeder on AKC marketplace: Double Happiness Kennels - Poodle Puppies For Sale - Born on 12/05/2020. After searching their sire and dam's information on ofa.org. The sire's eye exam shows normal but with breeder's options noted. I don't know how large the problem is so I text-messaged the breeder directly asking about it. The breeder replied "what to sex" with a nude woman picture. I copied and pasted the phone number directly and double checked the phone number is correct. I have reported the issue to AKC website. Just a warning if you are thinking about buying from this breeder. Definitely worth considering before contacting them...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Just looking at the page it is probably best to pass on this breeder anyway. The fact that they have 6 puppies readily available right now is questionable.

·
Super Moderator
3,712 Posts
This sounds like someone visiting or living in the household saw your text and sent that photo, then deleted it so the owner of the phone (and likely the poodles) would never know about it. I found Yi's FB page and photos, and I think I know why someone was mean enough to do this. I'll bet if you call to speak to either of them directly they won't know a thing about it, but there's too much hate going around for them not to be told.

OFA shows that breeder had the option to make comments. He did, noting: D3a Persistent Pupillary Membranes - Iris to Iris. So the sire passed the eye test, but breeder left the notation. Persistent pupillary membranes, or PPM, are strands of pigmented tissue which arise from the iris collarette which attaches to another surface of the iris, or lens or cornea of the eye, whether in canines, humans or other species.

Whether any of the pups inherited this remains to be seen. I give him or his partner props for being truthful about this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts