Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:doh:So now that I have Lexi (whom I love to death). I have been thinking about her sister Sophie who is more the stronger attitude of the two..and she almost looks like Lexi except she has white on her chin.She is smaller then Lexi and wont be the same size as Lexi...I just can not get her out of my head.Is this normal?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
How much do you love your carpet? House training two puppies at once is a nightmare!

As a breeder, I never sell two puppies at once. I think people are better off spending time with the one puppy and setting a solid training foundation. I tell people to wait until puppy #1 is 18 month old before they look at bringing home puppy #2.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much do you love your carpet? House training two puppies at once is a nightmare!

As a breeder, I never sell two puppies at once. I think people are better off spending time with the one puppy and setting a solid training foundation. I tell people to wait until puppy #1 is 18 month old before they look at bringing home puppy #2.
Yes ...that is what is keeping me from getting her.I just wondered...:)can not help it.But I think I am just going to wait a few years.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
It's called MPS (multiple poodle syndrome) I would love to have another spoo baby too, and someday I will - but I'm having so much fun with Lucy and I don't want to have to split my time with another one just yet... If I used only my heart I'd have a houseful, but because I (try) to use my head (sometimes) I know I'll wait until the time is right to add to our pack... :)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I agree with Cbrand. Wise to wait. Let your first baby have your undivided attention for at least a year before making her share you with someone else who will really eat up a lot of your time.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Another reason you should pass on the other pup is that with littermates, same sex, and one with a stronger personality, they may end up either fighting A LOT, or becoming inseparable (the stronger personality being the "protector") and bonding to each other rather than you.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It's called MPS (multiple poodle syndrome) I would love to have another spoo baby too, and someday I will - but I'm having so much fun with Lucy and I don't want to have to split my time with another one just yet... If I used only my heart I'd have a houseful, but because I (try) to use my head (sometimes) I know I'll wait until the time is right to add to our pack... :)
LOL. I was firmly in the one dog camp, then I brought Bella home. It is sooo tempting. Logically I know I should not do it (and probably will not), but it's so tempting. On the logic side, when you have one dog and they do something - you know who did it. Who to watch, who to train. At one point in our lives we had 1 very well trained cat...1+yo. So we got another kitten. It all went to heck. We didn't know who did what, we used to use a 'shake can' (shaken, not thrown) to teach her what to stay away from, well if you have TWO you can't really do that b/c you're going to freak out the one who's not doing anything and confuse them...etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to wait I decided and make sure that lexi is brought up right and spoiled right.. just came back from a shopping trip for her :doh:

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I did!!

When I got Aoki and Coco - Coco was my pick to be honest but my emotional state was in a different place and I couldn't leave his sister there.......FOR ME - the potty training was EASY...for their breed this seems to be one of the bigger issues with these dogs but they did so well. Now I have a 19 year old and my BF here and they are a big help. The poms are easy, I could not imagine 2 of Olie the same age. I would pull my hair out lol!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I did with my shelties. the breeder was less then reputable, and allowed us to take both of them. it was easy to housetrain them, but the rest was pretty tough.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've come home with litter mates 3 times! Sheltie brothers, Scottie bro/sis, and Corgi bro/sis. I've never regretted my decisions. The shelties and scotties are over the rainbow bridge but Rocky and Phoebe are part of our family still. Note: they were all small breeds! LOL!

I don't think I could handle two of Ryder ( 5 1/2 mos spoo) at the moment. LOL! He is an absolute love, but there is a lot of him to love and he is only getting bigger.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I would never.

Though I am very tempted to keep one from my litter and I also have a 7 month spoo girl.

When Dima was 6 month old I had her brother for 3 weeks it was VERY fun for them but not so much for me.
they where both fully housetrained so that was not the promblem.

But Spoos are smart and two Spoos well they had a party 24/7

1 - 12 of 12 Posts