Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have a toy poodle just spayed 3 days ago. First day home get stool was soft but together. This is now day 3 and at 3 am I had to take her out which is not normal and she had some pretty bad diarrhea.

Her bladder is also weakened which I understand but what I don't understand is going from solid stool to liquid....

She also vomited a small bit at 3am when I took her out.

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
I'd be calling the vet, I can understand diarrhea if she on antibiotics and not on probiotics, the rest well would concern me enough to make a call.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I would call her vet and meanwhile put her on a bland diet. Boiled boneless chicken along with boiled white rice, be sure it is cool when fed. She should vomit from a spay 3 days later, she may have to urinate more often even poo as she just may feel the urge more because of the surgery. Could even be the anesthesia and maybe its clearing out of hr system? But I'd be extra careful and speak to my vet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an update. The vet said she seems fine. No infection if the incisions site and they said the same about the bland diet for a few days. So I'm going to the store after work today.

They gave us some probiotics to put into her food. Thank you all for the fast response to this post!!!! Means alot!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I'm so glad to hear she doesn't have an infection. I hope her stomach feels better soon. That is such a cute pic of her and your son :)

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
Relieved to hear she's okay. Hopefully the bland diet and healing will kick in and get her back to normal.

She's adorable with your son driving in the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts