Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Stella, spoo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Stella just had her last set of vaccines. She has had a lot of diarrhea. I'm told this is normal, but I'm just concerned because the vet said there would be a little diarrhea, but everytime Stella goes #2, she has diarrhea. She got her Vaccines 2 days ago and it is getting worse today. What is your solution to this and where did you have your pups go potty? When she goes outside on grass, it creates a HUGE mess

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
We didn't have that issue related to vaccinations but when loose stools appear here so does the canned 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling). It helps to firm up the stool. I give my mpoos between a tsp to tbsp once a day for a few days.
As for where, there wasn't always a choice lol but I'd fill the plant watering can with soapy water and dilute as much as I could.

example:

·
Super Moderator
7,952 Posts
Two days of diarrhea that’s now getting worse? I would give your vet a call. Make note of the colour and consistency, keeping an eye out for any blood. These details can help with diagnosis and treatment.

Check, too, for dehydration. Give the back of her neck a little pinch. If the skin drops quickly back into place, that’s a good sign. If it lingers in the pinched shape, that can signal dehydration, which can quickly become serious in puppies.

It could be the vaccinations. It could be stress related to the appointment. It could be something else entirely. Did she maybe get some special treats? And did they take a stool sample at the appointment to screen for parasites?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I would go to the vet after that much severe diarrhea. Especially for a puppy. They can give meds to help things along. Misha recently got the most horrid diarrhea for around 24 hours after consuming some strange animal feces. It was rough on both of us. But my point is there can easily be other causes and with a young pup I wouldn't take chances. Their immune system isn't robust enough to provide a good defense.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Good points! I missed the 2 days since the vaccinations.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Basil's vet gave her some dog cheese whiz, and it always upset her stomach, like what Peggy was talking about.

We don't have a yard (small apt in city environment). Sometimes I had enough time to usher her over to a patch of grass or rocks, sometimes we didn't. Sometimes it was right in the milddle of the side walk lol. I just try my best to scoop up what I could when it was liquidy, and have faith that the rain will wash it away.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
I agree that a call to the vet is warranted at this point. None of my puppies have had multiple days of diarrhea after getting shots. I'd definitely worry about bloody diarrhea in a pup that young.

·
Registered
Stella, spoo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She’s getting better today, but I will still call the vet. I called them on Saturday, and they said it was no big deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts