Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Liz, this is very serious because of how many people were sick and still getting sick. I always condition pups to eat some kibble before they leave and we had a bag of TOTW here. I was also using it as training treats and my 9 year old girl Coral was hospitalized for 3 days, she was gravely ill and the Vet did not know if she would pull through. Even a old raw fed dog can be infected.
It affects both the very young and old. There is no excuse for this company not testing ingredients and according to FDA reports the sanitary conditions of the plants were deplorable! This is not the first time this company has been recalled and caused illness in both people and pets.
Interesting most contamination comes from commercial kibbles but DELTA refuses a raw fed dog!

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
I agree Dense, I don't doubt the seriousness of the Salmonella outbreak nor the quality control issues of the pet food company involved.

But I do find it pretty pathetic that the lawyer in charge of the lawsuit wasn't able to do enough basic research or editing (it is a major, legal document, after all) to relay the facts correctly. Salmonella is a bacteria, not a virus, and that is pretty crucial to get right to ensure the legitimacy of the case as a whole. To ensure that the case is taken seriously, I'd expect it to be written accurately. And this was the point of my previous post. Similarly, it seemed to be the "take away" message of the link you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts