Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my poodle is 3.5 and just found out he's diabetic and now I've found black spots on his skin. What could it be? And no he doesn't have fleas.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hi and Welcome!

The thread you've landed in is dedicated to members chronicling their first 52 Weeks with their new poodle. Your post will be seen more and get better response if you go to Poodle Health and post there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I helped care for a diabetic dog and never saw black spots on him. Probably a good question for your vet. I'm sure you'll have lots more as you learn to navigate these new circumstances, so make sure you have someone that you and your dog are comfortable with.

Let us know what you find out!

P.S. We love photos and would love to hear more about your poodle. :) Welcome to you both.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I did some searching for you and came across this:

My dog is 12 years old and diabetic. He has lots of dark spots, sores and skin peeling mainly on his belly and near his legs. What could be the cause and is it treatable? 1 year, 6 months ago Chippy's Owner

Skin colour changes (hyperpigmentation), sores and other issues may be related to the diabetes; however without examining Chippy I cannot say for certain and would recommend that you visit your Veterinarian for an examination to determine what other treatment may be required. Regards Dr Callum Turner DVM

Hyperpigmentation in Dogs - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost

1 - 4 of 4 Posts