Poodle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,480 Posts
Congrats on the babies and good to hear everything is well.

I've read the same reasons for and against. I can only offer personal experience. I previously owned two mini littermate sisters. A almost 2 years old Noel's dew claws were not present when we took them home with us, Holly had one still. I don't know if it grew back (I think I've read that that can happen) but it was never an issue.

My current two boys, mini littermates, did not have their dewclaws removed, So far, never been an issue. They're now 2 years 9months.

Glad to hear you kept the tails long. I and many others are happy for this trend and hope it continues. I'm sure you know, but jic, your time is quite limited to get them removed without too much trauma for the babies. If the choice were mine to make, I'd leave them.

Hope they are found by wonderful new families when the time comes!

·
Premium Member
7,480 Posts
Hi Dechi,

You might know that I've been diving a lot lately into the history of the early years here at PF, and I got the impression from some old threads with posts by Todd, the founder, that this is probably the best (sub)forum for this question, and probably what he intended since it's related to the immediate care after whelping.

If you're thinking of the Members Intro, I don't think most of the new members are aware it's there because of VS :(.

Rose

Reactions: Vita
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.