Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be attending a wedding in November in Destin, FL...

The big boys will be staying with A's family, my mother will be watching TQ, and we're unsure as to what to do with Tate. We're flying out there, so bringing him won't be a big deal. Hiccup in the plan, though... he can't stay at the beach house during the day (we are possibly planning on sneaking him in at night)

So here's where I need some input... I'm looking for a daycare where he can stay during the day for a few days out of the week while I'm there. Please suggest some good ones if you know of any!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I will be attending a wedding in November in Destin, FL...

The big boys will be staying with A's family, my mother will be watching TQ, and we're unsure as to what to do with Tate. We're flying out there, so bringing him won't be a big deal. Hiccup in the plan, though... he can't stay at the beach house during the day (we are possibly planning on sneaking him in at night)

So here's where I need some input... I'm looking for a daycare where he can stay during the day for a few days out of the week while I'm there. Please suggest some good ones if you know of any!

Thanks!

When is the wedding? I don't know of any good daycares here in the area but I will look around. I dunno if Wonderpup's will be up and running for boarding by then (or up for anything at all) it all depends on our lease situation with the space we're looking at and how long it takes for the remodel. but we are 45 minutes to an hour away anyway so that's no good. I got married on the beach there in Novemeber of 07 :p

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Have you tried the Chamber of Commerce in Destin? Can you offer a pet deposit? I hope you figure something. I love Destin and Panama City!!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wedding is in early November of this year.

I asked about a pet deposit, but I guess they're pretty firm about no pets. The bride is planning on boarding her own dogs because they told her she couldn't have them there.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I don't know how far you are wanting to drive but there is a great day care here in Panama City it would be a little over a hours drive from Destin. I personal know one of the owners I worked with for years and they run a very clean place. I would take my dogs here if the need ever arrived.

Dog Park

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
The wedding is in early November of this year.

I asked about a pet deposit, but I guess they're pretty firm about no pets. The bride is planning on boarding her own dogs because they told her she couldn't have them there.
yrah destin isnt very dog friendly, though you can take them a few places.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder why it isn't dog friendly... you would think it would be because they're on the beach... and in my experience, places with beaches are usually very pro doggies!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
and in my experience, places with beaches are usually very pro doggies!
Haven't you ever seen the beach scene in "Marley & Me"?? :pound: :scared: :lol: Dog poop on a beach = a very bad thing! :)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Myrtle Beach is dog friendly during the fall and winter only:). Dogs are NOT allowed until after 6pm in the rest of the year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts