Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm actually not grooming him, a groomer at the shop I work at wants to groom him and have me watch so that I can learn. I'm SO excited, it's so nice of her to do that for me! She's really great, so I'm not worried about him looking silly or anything like that.

I want to put him in a fun trim. Something different. I don't really care what, so long as he still has some fur to work with. I want to take his ears a bit shorter, but I don't want to shave them just yet.

He's been in a lamb trim pretty much since I've had him, so I'm a bit bored with it. He has bellbottoms right now, which is about the only interesting thing about his trim. Any ideas on something reasonable to ask of a groomer who's grooming your dog for free? :) lol I mean, even an interesting lamb trim, just something different... A way to style the head & ears, legs, anything.

I was thinking about bringing up the continental... I don't know if she'd go for that though lol..

Here's a pic of his hair last month. His TK is noticeably a bit longer, the rest of his body and legs is probably longer too, but it's harder to notice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
You could really stylise the lamb trim into more of the modern trim too, if she can:
modern.JPG
shorten the ears and it starts going to a german trim instead, but still essentially the same body style... It'd work with what he has now, and looks STUNNING if it's done nicely, a bit more 'spunk' than a normal lamb trim... and you can gear it onto a continental if that's what you want too...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts