Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got some more snow over here in Nashville, and Desmond likes it more than last time! It's about 1-2 inches right now but they're predicting like 7" I think, but I doubt we'll get nearly that much. It would be so fun to have Desmond running through that much snow though!!! :)
I got a few pictures with my awkward little camera, enjoy!

He's being silly and jumping around, he was still until right when I took the picture of course haha.

Just a few of him being handsome :)

Here's a video where I taught him to woo on cue. :)
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=8CrmpUc4lOkDcRcU/SYq6Ih4l5k2TGxc

·
Registered
681 Posts
That first picture reminds me of that squirrel picture that was going around awhile back. He looks like he is very serious in the rest ;) Great!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I would frame those last three pictures! They're really gorgeous shots.

I forgot you lived in Nashville, Birdie. My sister and my parents live there too. Every time I talk to my dad, he tells me how cold it is there. Of course, living in New Jersey, I have to get out my tiny little violin... :D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would frame those last three pictures! They're really gorgeous shots.

I forgot you lived in Nashville, Birdie. My sister and my parents live there too. Every time I talk to my dad, he tells me how cold it is there. Of course, living in New Jersey, I have to get out my tiny little violin... :D
LOL it is not that cold here!! It's mostly just been windy, but I bet it's way colder in NJ!! I was surprised it snowed and stuck, honestly (and wow is it coming down! I think I'm going to have to take Desmond out again tomorrow to play :D ).

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Ok I want more video!!

He is dreamy! I love Desmond

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He is absolutely gorgeous! I noticed his topknot and wavy ears because I am going to groom Zulee tomorrow. His eyes are dreamy! What a sweet face.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's another video, this is from last time it snowed. It was early January, it was also Desmond's very first experience with snow. He totally digs it!! :) Those are my two older brothers in the video playing with him. (haha, well one is off screen. You can hear him when a bunch of snow falls on him at the end)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4314306241/

I have one from today too, but since he was on his leash and I had the camera, it's a bit of an awkward video! Sorry, lol!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4314044963/

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I gotta ask

Where did Desmond get his collar? I really like it! I'm considering shaving Zulee down closer around her neck, so she could wear some fancy collars.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where did Desmond get his collar? I really like it! I'm considering shaving Zulee down closer around her neck, so she could wear some fancy collars.
My sister bought it for me for Christmas from a pet store in St. Louis. I think it's like a small business, but I can see if they have a website. I LOVE this collar! It's so pretty, the fabric is really smooth and nice, and it has a little button clasp like a seat belt on a car!! It's my favorite of any collars we own. :) Zulee would look so pretty in fancy collars!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Desmond is such a handsome guy, I love his expressions.

He looks so nice in the snow, too. :love:

·
Registered
109 Posts
LOL it is not that cold here!! It's mostly just been windy, but I bet it's way colder in NJ!! I was surprised it snowed and stuck, honestly (and wow is it coming down! I think I'm going to have to take Desmond out again tomorrow to play :D ).
Its much warmer than the last snow we had a few weeks ago, how many days was it in the upper teens and low 20s? Atleast a week. Ofcourse that was nothing compared to this as far as snow/ice goes. My Zachary hates it this time, its a bit deeper and he sinks in it. I haven't been able to get any photos of him, I think he just wants it to go away. Last time he loved it but it was just a dusting really. We have a little over 3 inches here this time.

By the way Desmond looks to be having a great time in the photos. (The advantages of being a standard I guess)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its much warmer than the last snow we had a few weeks ago, how many days was it in the upper teens and low 20s? Atleast a week. Ofcourse that was nothing compared to this as far as snow/ice goes. My Zachary hates it this time, its a bit deeper and he sinks in it. I haven't been able to get any photos of him, I think he just wants it to go away. Last time he loved it but it was just a dusting really. We have a little over 3 inches here this time.

By the way Desmond looks to be having a great time in the photos. (The advantages of being a standard I guess)
Wow overnight there was a ton more snow here but there was like an inch thick layer of hard, icy snow over all the good soft snow! Desmond was not a fan lol! He can walk on top of it in some places, and then will sink through and looks so uncomfortable. It's really cute but he likes the soft snow better than whatever it was we had today. He doesn't have that happy/bouncy thing going on like he usually does in the snow, he just kind of looks unsure.

I think Des and Zachary are the same in that way... soft powdery snow is fun to play in, but when you start to sink in it unexpectedly... no thanks! :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think Des and Zachary are the same in that way... soft powdery snow is fun to play in, but when you start to sink in it unexpectedly... no thanks! :D
Well poodles are smart, (not saying my other dog isn't) and they know when something is off. Except last night my husband went out to our car with them with him, and Sasha stopped before they stepped onto the ice and poor Zachary he kept going and slipped all over the ice, poor guy. Needless to say he didn't want anything to do with any of us the rest of the night, he is not happy with this weather.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts