Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My girl/spoo Belle has developed a bunch of pimple like bumps on her head and face. She gets what her vet referred to as small cysts on her bum and body fairly regularly. I tend to pick at them which is probably not the best thing but they don’t seem to bother her when I do. But these pimples (for lack of a better term) have begun showing up on her head and face. She must have at least a dozen, it’s very distressing. She eats, drinks and does her business normally. These pimples are about a 1/4” tall and about an 1/8” in diameter. At first I thought they were ticks but on closer inspection they are not. Perhaps this is some kind of dermatitis? Or maybe she came in contact with something while outside? A plant or bug, though that doesn’t seem right. She’s had them now for about a week or so. She’s 8 years old and while not as energetic as my other spoo Princess she is still active. I’m just searching for some ideas on what could be going on, before I make an appointment with the vet
Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
It could be parasites. Sometimes the body will confine them in a little cyst. Black walnut hull tincture may help. There are several websites with info. I use the liquid.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
Parasites do seem possible as she likes to swim in the local lake. Maybe she picked them up there? She is the only one of my 2 girls that will always swim if I let her. The other not so much.
I tried cleaning and using rubbing alcohol on a couple of the spots but couldn’t see if it helped.
I appreciate the idea
I will take a look

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
It sounds like something I would want my vet to evaluate. Every dog I’ve ever had, have had lumps and bumps in various locales, and I always want to know. Hope it’s easily diagnosed and corrected. Let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts