Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone face dental abnormalities for your poodle dog? which step do you take in an urgent situation? :2in1::act-up:

·
Premium Member
6,412 Posts
Urgent situations usually require a vet, never have had issue with my poodles beyond my tpoo Len's 13 retained puppy teeth which had to be extracted. Dental abscesses and a broken tooth with my cats.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I don't quite understand what you mean by dental abnormalities, what is wrong with your dogs teeth. I haven't had any problems with my dogs teeth but I would have my vet check them over first. I do know some dogs retain puppy teeth and they will have to be extracted by a vet just as twills has stated.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I was told by my vet initially that Louie will need braces! But I think she meant if his puppy teeth won't fall out - which tool a very long time. For his last puppy canine I took to manually wiggling it several times a day... until it finally gave in a spirited tug of war! His teeth have been fine since.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Did anyone face dental abnormalities for your poodle dog? which step do you take in an urgent situation? :2in1::act-up:

It would help if you explained what the problem is to understand what is urgent about it. Of course anything that is truly urgent needs a vet's attention.

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Registered
388 Posts
Depends what you mean by "urgent"? If the dog has had a tooth knocked out, broken or displaced, etc. that is an emergency that needs to be seen ASAP. If it is a retained tooth, base narrow canines, etc. it is a different story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts