Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've been lurking here for a while. I lost my poodle Denny yesterday to liver cancer. He was only 10 years old. Denny was a singular being, so kind, fun and loving and the smartest dog I've ever known. His illness came on us so quickly and now he is gone. We are bereft at the hole he's left.

Sorry to make this my first post but I know the love we all share for our poodles is vast and deep.

Thank God we recently got a puppy 'Gerry' he can never replace Denny but his warmth and love are helping a lot. I share pics of Gerry at another time. Thanks for reading this.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi

I've been lurking here for a while. I lost my poodle Denny yesterday to liver cancer. He was only 10 years old. Denny was a singular being, so kind, fun and loving and the smartest dog I've ever known. His illness came on us so quickly and now he is gone. We are bereft at the hole he's left.

Sorry to make this my first post but I know the love we all share for our poodles is vast and deep.

Thank God we recently got a puppy 'Gerry' he can never replace Denny but his warmth and love are helping a lot. I share pics of Gerry at another time. Thanks for reading this.

Cheers,

Mike
dear Mike,
I find every dog that we lose takes a big chunk of your heart. no dog can ever replace another but Gerry will help your hearts heal a little faster....Denny was loved and that’s the best a dog can get. All the best.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
So sorry - it is hard. to lose a beloved. Denny sounds a well loved poodle. I hope that the hole in your heart heals.
Such are hard now to you but wanted to say welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Welcome to you, and truly sad to learn that Denny won't be with us here. He looks like his life was one escapade after another :). I'm glad to know that you have Gerry to help you navigate this path.

Looking forward to hear tales of both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah thanks so much all of you. So much wisdom and kindness here.

I honestly believe poodles are the best breed of dog. I was not a dog person until my wife and I got Denny.

The way we got him was so synchronistic. It was deffo fate and we were so blessed to know him and share our lives with him.

I tend not to post on forums much these days after being a heavy forum user in the early 2000's, but my pain was so great today.

Thanks so much for your lovely words. This thread has already brought me some comfort

Gerry is beautiful and very different from Denny but a poodle through and through and a real sweetie. 3.5 months old.

Cheers 😀

Mike

·
Registered
Winnie 10/24/20 standard poodle
117 Posts
Oh Mike, so many of us understand the pain in your heart and share your sadness! I tear up just looking at pics of our old girl. I'm glad you're here and sharing because being owned by a poodle is an experience to be shared the happy and the sad! Denny was a special boy but Gerry will work hard to fill those shoes.🐾
Cindy, Winnie's mom

·
Registered
67 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Denny, he looks like he was an awesome buddy! Hoping your pain recedes and you have nothing but happy memories always 🐩

·
Registered
103 Posts
What a face! I'm sure Denny had the personality to match that glorious mustache and beard. I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost a cat-- my best cat, my "heart cat"-- in a very similar fashion, also at 10 years old. Mixed in with the sorrow was also a good amount of anger at the unfairness of losing him too soon. I miss that damn cat every day. They really stake a claim on your heart, don't they? I wish you peace and blessings as you adjust to life without Denny.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

Cheers,

Mike
Mike, I’m so sorry for your loss. I know how deeply it hurts to lose a previous pet. My girl passed away in December with kidney failure. She was only five and it was so unexpected. I felt completely devastated. Now have a new puppy and he is filling the hike on my heart, though I’ll never forget my girl, Truffle.
My best to you in recovering from your grief and enjoying your new pup, Gerry. It’s the only way to move on and start to heal.
Ann

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mike, I’m so sorry for your loss. I know how deeply it hurts to lose a previous pet. My girl passed away in December with kidney failure. She was only five and it was so unexpected. I felt completely devastated. Now have a new puppy and he is filling the hike on my heart, though I’ll never forget my girl, Truffle.
My best to you in recovering from your grief and enjoying your new pup, Gerry. It’s the only way to move on and start to heal.
Ann
True word Carpan. Gerry has been a blessing..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts