Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost there. I have struggled a bit with her scratching out the left side of her head. When I unband her, I can see whole chunks of hair missing. Oh well. Can't wig this color and I don't want to anyway. The judge can see on other parts of her how good her coat is. :)

Her color has cleared quite a bit and I think she really is a Cafe (rosettes show true color). The color is interesting; it has a silvery, pinkish/taupey hue to it. Very pretty actually because she has good dark pigment so there is not that awkward contrast of pink lips and eye rims.

I worried initially that she might be long but that seems to have come together as she matured. She has a very long rib cage and is nicely short in the loin (the back of her jacket is sitting on her last rib). I feel like her eye has tightened up though it is still too round and light for my taste. She has also filled out in the front a bit more so she is less criss-crossy on the back when I gait her. I'm not loving how flappy she is in the tuck up. Over all, she is cute and I think the judges are going to appreciate her side picture, coat, body and conditioning. Please excuse her unshaved feet.

I think I will enter her in the June Colorado shows.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I like that term...flappy. I have tried to explain this to Trillium. Thinker is flappy too. It is the one thing I really do not like about him. I like that strip of skin to be more tucked and defined. She is lovely!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Great looking girl!

I was wondering, as I too dislike "flappy" tucks, what affects the flappyness of it? Is it genetics?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great looking girl!

I was wondering, as I too dislike "flappy" tucks, what affects the flappyness of it? Is it genetics?
Genetics, like anything else. Her mom, Gracy, is here. http://www.beauvoirpoodles.com/gpage1.html I don't think that she is particularly "flappy". I'll have to go back and look at pictures of the sire. I think that a dog can get away with this better than a bitch. On the other hand, I totally hate a wasp waisted Poodle because it looks weak and frail to me.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
She looks smashing! I seriously don't know how you get that tiny shaved line between the jacket and the rosettes.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
She's lovely now cbrand!
You should be very proud ! :D

Yeah, it does look like Starbuck is a bit flappy too!
But he is still really nice.
Good luck with your June Shows :D

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, it does look like Starbuck is a bit flappy too!
Here is a picture of the sire Starbuck. Apricot Gold and Canela Kennels He is perhaps a bit flappy, but hard to tell how much so from the angle of the picture.

RE color: I can't wait to get rid of the show coat to see what her overall lighter color will look like on her.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts