Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I don't want to step on any toes or offend, but I would like to know something. I've been looking at a few breeders and kind of researching different bloodlines. I keep coming across Ch. Lakecove That's My Boy (Treson) in many pedigrees. I've also noticed that he passed at a relatively young age. Does anyone know what he died from?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I used to work on and off with trey's handler as a junior. He lived with Denis and Randy full time until he retired and went to live with one of his owners. It is my understanding that Trey drowned in the swiming pool, not very long after he reitered. I can remember my mother telling me about it. I LOVED that dog, it was very upsetting.

He was absoluely amaxing. What a wouldn't give for one of his offspring. I do not know if they ever collected and stored any frozen baby juice from him, but I would hope that they did.

·
Registered
149 Posts
WonderPup - THEY DID!!! I just don't know if anything is left. The Mikimoto (sp?) line has Treson along with Whisperwind... My Guenna is part of that line. I'm lucky to have her.

Harley Chik - You couldn't pick a better line. The "kids" have an amazing temperment & are georgeous to boot!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Trey had an amazing temperment, I'm so glad they saved some of him.... though see'ing as how it's been quite a while I seriously doubt that there IS any left. A breeder down here in Florida has a son or daughter but she isn't breeding from them anymore, though she did I think have a couple of litters. She breeds silvers and I soooo wanted a dog from her. Part of what attracted me to her was I saw Trey in the pedigree and her kennel name is the same as mine with the tibbies.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the answer! I've been wondering about it for a few weeks. It's so sad that he died that way, but it's a relief, to me anyway, that he died of unnatural causes. I agree that he was a gorgeous dog. I remeber watching him on Westminster and a National Geographic segment about the show. Mikimoto is stunning too.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thank you so much for the answer! I've been wondering about it for a few weeks. It's so sad that he died that way, but it's a relief, to me anyway, that he died of unnatural causes. I agree that he was a gorgeous dog. I remeber watching him on Westminster and a National Geographic segment about the show. Mikimoto is stunning too.
Mikimoto is Gunther's grandpa.

·
Registered
912 Posts
T's sire's grandfather was Am Ch Lakecoves Moonvalley Loverboy, son of Trey. Must say it doesn't mean much to me but I'm off to find photos now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think we're all lucky to have some really awesome kidz!!! And we also kind of know first hand the tempermants we're dealing with. LOL

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Our 2 yr.old Marlee, black female's G.G. Grandfather, on her Dams side is CH LAKE COVE MOONVALLEY LOVERBOY. (son of CH LAKE COVE THAT'S MY BOY)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Karen Sisco Has some dogs off of CH LAKE COVE MOONVALLEY LOVERBOY so does JC pioneer poodles. I know what they have will not be directly from Lake cove but GG pups.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yep T's sire is one of Karen's that my breeder imported out here to Oz last year. I see on her website she has just imported a cream girl from Karen too, still in quarantine at the moment, so can't wait to see pics of her.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yep T's sire is one of Karen's that my breeder imported out here to Oz last year. I see on her website she has just imported a cream girl from Karen too, still in quarantine at the moment, so can't wait to see pics of her.
Yeah I saw her new import on the partipoodle yahoo group

1 - 14 of 14 Posts