Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I just joined the group today and wanted to know your opinion on this relatively new food called "Deli Fresh" www.delifreshpet.com

Wesley as with many Spoos is a fussy eater. He is 15 months old and he was on Orijen, Evo, and other premium kibbles as well as raw foods but none of them held his interest for long.

Our local family owned pet store is wonderful and they carry all the best foods. Deli Fresh is available from them so I gave it a try and Wesley really loves it. I switch the different flavors they have and among the "slice and serve" as well as the "fresh bites".

For us, it seems like a great choice. Even our 19 year old cat, Ash like the "fresh bites" as a treat!

Anyone else is using this food and what are your thoughts?

Thanks for sharing.

:D
Angel

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Funny you bring that up, I was walking through our grocery store the other day and saw these fridges in the pet food aisle and wondered what it was. I didn't stop to look in detail because we feed our dogs raw. I don't really know anything about it. The ingredients look fine, it has rice in it but at least it's brown. I would guess it's similar to a dry food of equivalent ingredients, but that's just a guess!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for correcting the website!

It is part of this concept call PANDEAN (or just PAN) diet, here is some info from Wikipedia:
The PAN-DEAN Diet is an acronym for Pasteurized, Nutrient Dense, and All Natural Diet. This diet is structured to resemble a new, safe and healthy feeding concept for pets. Virtually all commonly used preservatives (BHT, BHA, Ethoxyquin, and Sodium metabisulfite) and artificial flavor are eliminated by the usage of refrigeration.

And it has been very popular overseas in several other countries.

So far Wesley is another supporter!

Angel

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd seen it locally, but, since I already make them fresh meats and steamed veggies to add to their staple EVO kibble, I haven't tried it. Is it pricey?

I usually poach ground lamb, ground sirloin, ground bison, and whole chicken breasts w/garlic and celery stalk, but also make pot roast w/baby carrots and little red new potatoes, meatloaf, meatballs made in the oven (they love pasta and meatballs w/a little red sauce), and omelettes w/spinach and French mountain cheese on the weekend. Don't use commercial treats - sardines, hard boiled eggs, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, green beans sprinkled w/parmesean cheese, and so on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts