Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this isn't too weird of a question, but the other thread about switching to raw got me thinking. There were several people who mentioned travelling with raw food would be too hard- and others that suggested dehydrated raw (prepackaged) was the way to go when travelling.

So...my question is: is it possible to dehydrate your own raw food, to make it easier to travel with? If you did, would it still need to be refridgerated or could it be kept at room temperature?

I don't know anything about the dehydration process- just that you can buy dehydrators, and that the dehydrated raw food you can purchase doesn't have to be refridgerated. I was thinking that for those who travel, if it doesn't have to be kept cold, this might be the way to go. This also could be good for those people that don't have the freezer space (again, only if it doesn't need to be kept cold).

What do y'all think? Would this be feasible?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
good question - I am curious to hear the answers.

I don't have a problem traveling with raw. I just finished making up enough for a week. Vinnie and I will be on the road from Sunday to the following Saturday. The food is packed in individual Lock-n-Lock containers (air and water tight) and is now in the freezer. If I were going to be gone longer than that, I would just go to a local grocery store.

Sometimes I will travel with Honest Kitchen food (the grain free versions). They are not too expensive for short periods of time.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
i don't see why not- shows in winter i just take raw- as it stays frozen in the ccar easy enough.

but i take dehyrdated in summef... just easier. That said my biggest issue with the dehyrdated is all that stuff in it i don't normally feed and it's not cheaper. . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts