Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started teaching Darcy to sit using the clicker. He's getting pretty good at it! He has a very short attention span, so we usually only get 2 attempts before he's off doing something else, but that's ok. We're making it fun so he doesn't really know he's learning anything. :)

PS - Pls excuse the state of my place. Everything is pushed against the wall to leave a nice big puppy space. It usually looks much nicer!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I love how you can see the wheels turning for just a split second before he does it!! So cute!! I too am amazed at how quickly they pick things up.

When i took Riley to puppy class at 8-9 weeks we did sit in the first class. This was the very first time we had worked on it at all. The first time i said "sit" and put him in the position myself and treat (yes i know, i wont teach another puppy that way, but hey it was 8 years ago). The second time i said sit and was going to put him in position again. When i said sit, he sat!!! Literally after the very first time being shown he got the command and had it from that point on. We have had many more scary smart moments like that since!!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Soooo bright, so cute. Love it! We clicker train as well. It really does work.
Yep, I'm a big fan of clicker training! We're going to be going to a puppy pre school near here that specializes in Karen Pryor's approach to clicker training, should be fun! I'm hoping Darcy also learns how to play with puppies, a skill he currently doesn't exactly have. He spent the time with the one he has met so far flat on his back! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts