Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darcy continues to be a delight, I'm so thrilled with him! Here's a few photos from his first couple of days with me.

Posing on my parents' deck.

His first lake visit with his proud "grandparents".

Soulful face.

His current position, browsing poodle forum with me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Awww, he's so little and cute!! I love his sweet little eyes, there's so much expression in them! Enjoy him!!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
OMG he is so small ! now your making me want a mini hahaha

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Wonderful pics! He looks sooooo tiny on Grandpa! I, too, love those soleful eyes. I didn't realize how tiny a mini was as a pup.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Gosh, I don't think it is possible to be any cuter than that !! He's just precious :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
what a beauty!! awwww - i can see why when he doesn't want to walk you could have a melt down and pick him up! i agree, makes me want a mini, too!! my husband would kill me! lol - ok maybe in a couple of years

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
omg, he's sooooooo cute!!! look at his sparkling eyes~~

Nickel is arriving in an hour. I should get ready to drive to the airport. Will post pictures of him soon.

If I remember correctly, Nickel and Darcy share the same bday (Feb 26), right?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Oh, he is just sweet as can be! What a face! I love his eyes and his big, fat paws!

I think we determined that our pups may be related (Clarion). I will have to check to see if Codiac or other relatives is in my pup's pedigree.

What color is Darcy?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You don't realize how small he is as a puppy until you see him in your father's lap. Wow, he is ADORABLE! It was worth the wait.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
omg, he's sooooooo cute!!! look at his sparkling eyes~~

Nickel is arriving in an hour. I should get ready to drive to the airport. Will post pictures of him soon.

If I remember correctly, Nickel and Darcy share the same bday (Feb 26), right?
Yep, that's right! I'm looking forward to hearing (and seeing) how Darcy's forum brother is getting on!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gosh, he is just so cute!! How is he doing with housebreaking, your building, nighttime sleeping, etc?
He is doing so well! Last night was actually our first night alone in the condo, as we stayed over at my parents Sat/ Sun. I was reluctant to leave their backyard. He has slept in his crate every night, and last night slept from midnight until 7:30 am without getting up once! I think he could have gone longer even, but I had my alarm set so we got up.

He hasn't had an accident since Saturday. He first arrived and was all confused so peed a few places, but since then he has either used his pee pad or gone outside. I found he sometimes walked off his pee pad, so when I am putting him on it to pee I put it in the tub. Otherwise he knows to use it bc he was using one at the breeder's.

He really is an easy puppy for the most part. He is a mad retriever. He either does it naturally or the breeder taught him how, I'm not sure, but he goes to get items and brings them back. He's not so good at letting them go, but he is very good about bringing them back.

And he's been so good here at work with me. He spends a lot of the day sleeping in his crate, but is also good at amusing himself if he's awake. I did run over his foot with my wheely chair yesterday, bc he was sitting right under it, but otherwise it's all good! :)

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you've all heard enough, haha!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
He really is an easy puppy for the most part. He is a mad retriever. He either does it naturally or the breeder taught him how, I'm not sure, but he goes to get items and brings them back. He's not so good at letting them go, but he is very good about bringing them back.
This sounds just like my Jäger. He is crazy for toys and would play fetch for hours if he could. He always bring them right back to us for another round, but also likes to play tug for a while first. He likes his toys better than treats!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
How great! I will look for a puppy with a high retreiving instinct next. It is so much easier (and fun) in so many ways! Congrats again!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts