Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laughed so hard. Della (2 month spoo) couldn't resit biting these and when she got a mouthful she was so surprised. It only happened 3 times. She spit and wiped her mouth and shook her head tongue lolling! I got the rest of the weedy things up before she could challenge any more waving fluff-balls. Wish i had a picture. What kind of yard salad do your poodles eat? What she I be wary of in the way of toxins?
Cathie Sue

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
Galen was attacking dandelion puffs too.

Apart from mushrooms I've never been terribly concerned about toxic plants. Usually they taste and/or smell nasty enough that the dog isn't interested in eating a lethal dose. I worry more about wasps (fun to chase; not so fun to catch), some ants (luckily no fire ants this far north), and anything a silly puppy might get lodged in his throat or gut (acorns, sticks, plastic bottle caps, bark mulch...)

·
Registered
309 Posts
That’s a funny learning experience! My Lacey seems to have been thinking about taking dandelion fluff in her mouth. She gets close but never goes through with it.
You know what my dog has recently taken a sudden obsession to? Eating the flat, dry, dead worms in the street that came out after heavy rain several days ago. It makes me gag. I’m also concerned they might make her sick. They’re difficult to see sometimes so I can’t avoid them.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
When my boys were very young, they'd go after wood mulch which was taken from them asap, grass of course, and Rose of Sharon flowers. Cracked me up every time to see tiny puppies racing around the yard with a purple flower hanging out of their mouths, I grabbed those also asap, after I stopped laughing.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have some pretty hilarious videos of puppy Annie with a dump trailer load of cedar mulch we had dropped off. She spent a full 20 min running on it, digging in it, rolling in it, and grabbing a mouthful and tossing it in the air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts