Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it... I trimmed off Dana's fluff! This is my first attempt at a real haircut. All I ever did before was shaving the face, feet and tail. And, maybe trimming a stray hair here and there but nothing like this!

It took me a whole week to convince myself that I could do it! LOL!!! I kept having to repeat my mantra: "It's just hair, it grows back. It's just hair, it grows back..."

It took me nearly three hours... but I think it was worth it.

Here are some before and after pics.

The before pictures are from last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Lincoln love, I think I was busy looking at your thread when you replied to mine... LOL... I love Lincoln in the miami.

Thank you Fluffyspoos, Dana is a cream and she just turned 5 months. I can't believe she's that old already!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
She does look amazing! It looks like you had a lot of hair to work with which really helps create a stunning after photo. I'm all inspired.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You did an amazing job!! The top knot only gave you trouble because Dana is young. She looks wonderful though!!
Thank you. I'll try to believe you. LOL...

I was trying to leave the topknot long but it was all floppy. So I trimmed it a little. Then, it was crooked, so I trimmed it a little more... Then it was shorter on one side than on the other... and then Dana moved and I chopped off a big chunk of hair over one ear by accident... So I had to try and make both sides the same...

I guess you're right, It'll be better when Dana's adult hair grows in. (And by that time, I'll have had more practice!) LOL...:)

I like how her body is like velvet. So soft...

·
Registered
229 Posts
OOOhhh! She looks SOOO good! :) I swear, she is Clover's twin! LOL! I hope to put Clover in a lamb soon, but I think I need to put a bit more weight on her--she's a bit thin still. Dana looks amazing!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OOOhhh! She looks SOOO good! :) I swear, she is Clover's twin! LOL! I hope to put Clover in a lamb soon, but I think I need to put a bit more weight on her--she's a bit thin still. Dana looks amazing!
Thank you. I remember seeing Clover's picture and thinking she looked just like Dana, chicken nugget tail and all. LOL! :)

I thought Dana would be a toothpick under all the hair but it's not as bad as I thought.

Go ahead and put Clover in a lamb trim! It's worth it! I love Dana's new do!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great job, she looks wonderful. The first time I tried it was over three hours (including bath, blow out and cut).
Thank you. It took me just under three hours but I should mention that I had her face, feet and tail done the day before. \

So, it was just the bath, blowdry and trim. (I think I spent most of the time just holding the scissors, staring at Dana, trying to figure out what I was going to do next. LOL...

·
Registered
681 Posts
She looks AWESOME. I love how velvety she looks. I am dying already to get Captain back to more velvety and it's only been a week. Great job!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Oh my goodness she looks amazing!!! I am totally impressed!! Did you scissor the whole thing? or use clippers on her body? Maybe it's just the puppy fur, but it looks like her body is left a little longer than Rogan, and I like it! Dana looks stunning, you did an incredible job on her! And I think her top knot looks fine!! Way to go!! :clap2:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh my goodness she looks amazing!!! I am totally impressed!! Did you scissor the whole thing? or use clippers on her body? Maybe it's just the puppy fur, but it looks like her body is left a little longer than Rogan, and I like it! Dana looks stunning, you did an incredible job on her! And I think her top knot looks fine!! Way to go!! :clap2:
Thank you, Heather.

I originally wanted to leave the body a little longer than that but I found out that plastic clip-on combs DO NOT work on puppy fur... :doh: So, I ended up shaving the body with a #3F blade. I did the face and feet with a #15 and the base of tail with a #10 because she clipper burns with anything shorter.

I left the legs alone except for some scissoring to blend them into the body. That's her natural puppy fur length on the legs.

:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts