Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An updated pic of Daisy, our TERRIDOODLE!!50% Standard Poodle, 25% Jack Russell Terrier, 12.5 Beagle, and 12.5% Other (mostly likely terrier). She is so sweet, but can also be so stubborn! At 33 lb. she thinks she is a laptop dog. What a mop head! She never lets me brush her. She is a blue poodly girl, but her hair is wavy, not curly, mostly soft, and a little
wirey (on her back).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
Very cute!

Reactions: im.speechliss

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
What a cutie! She's got an expressive face!

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
I think she’s a terriboodle..... and such a cutie from a surprising mix. I love her coloring.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Your comment "she never lets me brush her." reminded me of a group of dog trainers talking about trimming their dogs' toe nails. Nail trimmer seems to be an area that causes much grief. Anyhow, everyone was talking about rewards and how to handle the dog and what tools to use. The head trainer glanced around the room found the dogs with the shortest nails, and asked that trainer, what her trick was to trimming her dogs nails. She smiled and replied, "They don't get a choice."

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Charmed that is what I say, no choice my way or not way, LOL. As far as grooming same thing, Cayenne was my worst, so I said girl I am winning your are not, so at 4 she realized no use to fight me, I got her at 15 months, she is now 5. sometimes I wonder if they only groomed her the day I was to see her. she was not been easy for a long time

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your comment "she never lets me brush her." reminded me of a group of dog trainers talking about trimming their dogs' toe nails. Nail trimmer seems to be an area that causes much grief. Anyhow, everyone was talking about rewards and how to handle the dog and what tools to use. The head trainer glanced around the room found the dogs with the shortest nails, and asked that trainer, what her trick was to trimming her dogs nails. She smiled and replied, "They don't get a choice."
Daisy is a rescue and a stray and when I tried to brush, in the past, she used to growl and snap at me. But she doesn't any more.You're correct, sometimes she doesnt get a choice! Daisy was very fearful when I got her, of everything! We've been working with her and she has come such a long way! Her big sister, a blue Standard Poodle, is a role model and emotional support for Daisy. This is Charlotte! She's going to be 2 on January 24th!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
She is so pretty. My Sage was just shy and skittish, never mistreated, it took about 2.5 yrs to bring her out of it and she is fine now, holds back from people, but when the other 2 goes to them she comes flying for attention too, she they have been great helping her.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts