Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So tomorrow Zael will be going into the groomers, it's not his first visit or anything, but it'll be the day I (attempt to) suck up all my insecurities and go ahead with one of 3 options...

Ether Zael is leaving with the beginnings of a:

1. German clip
2. Modified HCC clip
3. Miami/Bikini clip

The German is my first choice as I personally really dig the strong manly look... Trouble is the more I look at Zael's tail, the more I worry about it. His tail is long, undocked, and it almost curls twice... kind of like a pigs tail. I hope he suits it shaved.

Second option is the Miami as I believe that's the easiest transition for him, the ground work is already laid out as he's in a kennel clip right now. Granted, he has quite short hair on his legs so his bracelets (or whatever you call them... pom-poms?) will be very underwhelming for a few months.

And lastly... I recently fell in love with the HCC. It's more of a fun option I'd say... I've been thinking over and over in my head "You have a poodle... why not go all in for a little while, fur grows back and mistakes can be learned from" but a lot of people, friends, family, and even strangers, have made it clear that they think all this "froofy poodle-y stuff" is stupid. It's kind of disheartening.

Ah well, wish me luck and I really hope I don't chicken out at the last second like I did last month... :afraid:

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Good luck with your trip to the groomers tomorrow.
I really love the modified continental cut personally, and I am sure whatever you end up choosing will look handsome on your boy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
He's beautiful! I'm sure he'll look fantastic in any clip you choose Can't wait to see pictures after!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
All good choices.

I love the German clip on males, elegant, classy and I see it as masculine. Great clip for an active dog.

Some one in the class after mine has a gorgeous spoo in a modified HHC. Stunning clip. Makes me want to put my dog back in this clip but she’s always hot so it’s not a good summer clip for us.

I have my dog in a Miami bikini and I have to tell you I get a million compliments and people asking me who grooms my dog. It seems to be such an iconic look.

Can’t wait to see what you choose.

Reactions: Zael

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welp... I've did it...

Zael's been put into the groomers and we've decided he'll be getting the German clip. I'm so nervous.

I'll post pics after he's out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THE DEED HAS BEEN DONE!

I'm so happy with how it turned out, I was terrified he was going to come out a patchwork mess or worse, scalped. But my groomer pulled through, she was very proud of her work and I have to agree she deserved to be. Very nice.

(I'm sorry about the photo quality, for some reason my phone didn't want to play ball today.)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
He looks so smart and stylish and I can see his chest mismark clearly. Great choice

Reactions: Zael

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
I love a German clip for a boy and you sure have a striking boy. Your groomer did a great job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts