Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cyclone, our sweet cat, passed away this morning. He was a two time cancer fighting angel. After losing a leg to cancer in 2015, he hopped around our house, happy as could be. He taught me a lot about facing adversity without panic. Suffer, struggle, and then stand up and get on with life.

In February of this year an x-ray found a tumor in his lung. We treated him with chemotherapy and he once again stood up and got on with life. He started wheezing two months ago. We got him some medication that stopped the wheezing. It bought him more time, but couldn't stop the cancer.

This morning, his tumor ruptured and filled his lungs with fluid. He was panting, struggling to catch his breath. We could have taken him to the emergency vet, had the fluid tapped from his lung. We could have, but we didn't. Instead we chose to say goodbye. Our brave cat fought as hard as he could for as long as he could. He was only eight, but put a lot of life into those eight years.

We will miss our Cyclone, our whirlwind of a cat. Say a prayer for Click-N-Treat-Jr. She's having a rough time.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Oh, what sad news :'( I'm SO sorry Click and Click Jr. :( I'm heartbroken for you. What a precious, strong, beautiful, and amazing cat Cyclone was. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. ((((Hugs))))))

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
condolences to you and click jr. i believe cyclone will be waiting at rainbow bridge when the time comes and he is needed once again.

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
So sorry for your loss................You went thru a lot with the little guy, but I'm sure you will have many good memories to think back on too!

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
I am so sorry. A short life, but lived to the full, and he was lucky to have owners who helped him so much. Give C&T-jr a hug from me - this is a sad time for all of you, but particularly for her.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your brave Cyclone. May he run free. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayer as it is very sad to lose a loved pet. He was a very loved kitty and was so lucky to have you.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Oh no, so sad, I’m so sorry. Cyclone brought you great joy and he was lucky to have been loved by you and your family. He will be missed. I wish I was there in person to hug you and lend a shoulder to cry on. Poor Click Jr, it’s so difficult to say good bye to a beloved pet.

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
Oh this is a sad bit of news for sure. I am sorry for you and Jr. I know how hard this must be for all of you but especially for Click Jr. I think you made a very generous decision to let Cyclone slip ahead over the bridge.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Sorry that Cyclone is over the rainbow bridge - may he find peace. You and your family will be in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for your concern. It helped us a lot. Jr. is handling the loss with grace. I think she's been grieving his loss since February, so she was prepared. A slow goodbye can end in a sorrowful sense of relief sometimes. Cyclone was a brave boy who went through so much. I'm really proud of how Jr. stood up for her cat. The vet told her that most people would have given up three years ago when he had cancer in his paw. She told Jr. that giving him three extra years of life was amazing and said a lot about who she is as a person. I agree. We taught Jr. that having a pet is an honor and you stand by them, even when they get sick. I'm sorry Cyclone only got to live to be eight, but he was loved dearly every day of his life.

I'm always present for euthanasia. I send my emotional husband and daughter away so the animal's last moments are spent in quiet dignity. I am honored to be the last face they see. Brought home in love, and sent away in love. Cyclone died gently. He was sedated and smiling his Cyclone smile with his head in my hand when he slipped away. I will never forget Cyclone, the bravest cat I ever met.

Now... If you look up a thread at Other Animals, you'll see that life goes on. Welcome home St. Nicholas! (I just got a text that the new kitten is sleeping on Jr's lap! YAY!)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I haven't logged on for a while and I'm very sorry for you and your family and especially Jr. for losing Cyclone. I know how difficult it is to lose a furry buddy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts